Lion HDD cannot boot itself, but MyHack USB stick can boot HDD?

dk4mac

7 posts in this topic

I am using Dell D630, Lion GM and myHack 2.2. Followed the myHack instruction, create a myHack Lion ESD USB and install a fresh Lion on my HDD 120G (GUID).

The HDD cannot boot itself, while using myHack ESD USB and bring up Chameleon OS GUI, I can boot the HDD.

So I tried BootThink2.5.2 Mac version, still no luck. Seems to be kext panic, see the picture. Any suggestion, really appreciated.

post-983995-0-09832100-1336201164_thumb.jpg

When you select the HDD to boot, what errors do you see? What do you see when it hangs? Have you tried booting in verbose mode (-v) to see if there are messages about why it is not booting. To boot in verbose mode, select the HDD in Chameleon, then type -v, then press <Enter>.

Yes, I tried booting HDD in verbose mode, see the attached picture, does it give any cure? I am not sure what is hanging up, so do not try to mislead the root cause, but seems to be

ACPI SMC PlatformPlugin:: start - waitForservice(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Don't use bootthink, download latest chameleon. Install that then copy over myhack extra folder to root, and go to the extra folder and go to extensions. Then copy al the extensions to S/L/E and run myfix (delete the extensions from extra map first) now you are able to boot osx from chameleon on hdd

• Like 1

I am confused about how HDD and USB boot up process, why USB can boot up the HDD, but the HDD itself cannot boot? I suppose when USB boot up, it eventually loads the extensions on HDD anyway, am I right?

ok, I am going to try Chameleon, while the latest version is 2.0-RC4?

But need to make sure copy what to where, sorry I am kind of puzzled:

1. Copy myhack extra folder from USB to HDD root,

2. Go to the extra folder and go to extensions. Then copy all kexts of the extensions to HDD Root S/L/E.

3. Run myfix (delete the extensions from extra map first)

4. Then reboot from HDD