Lion doesn't see Casio midi keyboard

vectorz

5 posts in this topic

I have Lion installed on my Alienware M11x and almost everything works perfectly except for the Casio midi keyboard plugged in via USB. I tested it on my MBP and it works fine without any additional software. However, when I plug it into the M11x running Lion, garageband says I don't have a midi keyboard installed. I'm not looking to do anything serious just some piano tutorials. I've tried also installing these additional drivers:

http://code.google.c...ousbmididriver/

That didn't help. I should mention that usb mouse and usb hard drives work fine. Anyone have suggestions?

Hm...have you tried plugging in the keyboard after launching GarageBand? Sometimes I have experienced issues when using GarageBand if I have the keyboard plugged in when I launch GB.

Now, the other thing is do other devices work in the exact port you're plugging the keyboard into? And does your machine only have one USB controller?

Thanks for helping me with this. I've tried plugging the casio usb in after starting garageband (tried all 3 ports) and still not working. Yes, I've tried all 3 ports and the usb hard drive and mouse works with any of these usb ports. I believe this laptop only has 1 usb controller, however it has 3 usb ports.

• 3 weeks later...