Petition

Staphyl

25 posts in this topic

This Petition if you do willfully sign it will be sent to Apple Developers (I got the hookup ;)) to keep or at least make the "Aqua" interface an option if Apple does go with the current iTunes 7 interface or other color scheme.

Sign if you would agree to keep the Aqua interface as a permanant or optional choice.

Dustin Vigil

Well this whole thread was meant to BE the petition. Not a link to some other thread, however since the Aqua replacement came out couple days ago. I'll just ask the mods to close this.

Staphyl

Aqua is nice and user friendly if that even makes sense,just as long as they never go back to looking like this.

macosxdp3.png

God those buttons are hideous and extrememly large looking :(.

i want that calculator. ;)

i never sign these things because petitions never work. you can always try, but in this day and age apple wont care about how a few thousand (if we get extremely lucky and this petition got out to the public) people dont like change. also, if they make it look dark and ugly, then people will start voicing their opinions and apple would probably have more than 2 themse(aqua/graphite). also, the switch from aqua is speculation. noone knows for sure that that dark skin will be leopard-wide.

I don't think Apple is going to stick with Aqua. Maybe make it an option to revert back to Aqua, but seriously, Apple doesn't care about a a small percentage of their customers. They obviously don't care about the MacBook owners with RSD! As non sequitur said, this could just be a hoax, a diversion.

i want that calculator. :hysterical:

You can have that calculator, its in Mac OS X Developer Preview 3, thats all. Seriously I guess they dropped that one like a bad idea :D. Just look at Calculator in DP4.

macosxdp4.png

Looks bland, and boring :gathering: .

I like that second version of calculator better, why should it be more than bland, otherwise it looks distracting...

Regarding aqua, Apple is not known to give user choices on GUI, like OS X doesn't have a theme chooser built-in like Windows with the choice between (hideous) XP Luna theme and all these (also hideous) windows classic color schemes. If they do decided to move away from aqua, it's not likely they will still provide it as an option.

and if you are going to petition please make a link because it will just make a few people from apple laugh at you if you do it by making a thread on this site. I don't think that apple would really take a second look at it since it is from a site based on people that either pirate or modify their software.

• 2 weeks later...
there was a theme choice in os9 so it is possible

There has never been.

In Copland, Apple wanted to create themes, but this has been droped.

In OS 9, you had to choose between Platinum and…hum…nothing. (well, there was Kaleidoscope too)

There has never been.

In Copland, Apple wanted to create themes, but this has been droped.

In OS 9, you had to choose between Platinum and…hum…nothing. (well, there was Kaleidoscope too)

Actually, I clearly remember there being a theme manager in 8.1. It didn't support as many themes as Kaleidoscope, but there were a handful of themes available online.

Aqua is just a theme. Don't get too attached to it

Aqua is just a theme. Don't get too attached to it

Amen. Just like people complained about platinum being gone in OSX. Download ShapeShifter, get over it. =P