List of video card for basic resolution support (don't need acceleration, etc)

6 posts in this topic

List of video card for basic resolution support (don't need acceleration, etc)

I was using 7300 in Lion, and now its only 1024x768 :( don't know if anyone if ever patch it soon enough.

I hope its a OOB, DSDT mod, 64bit injector mod?

(not EFI because its 32bits I think)

thanks

Since you got a few topics going, enable messenger and maybe can help without having to reply in all of them? Not sure exactly your question, I'm thinking you looking for a list of cards to consider purchasing that work otb, but then I am thrown off by "(not EFI because its 32bits I think)"? Are you using EFI for bootloader now? There are many lists around the web of what cards works otb or with only using chameleon's graphics enabler, but in many cases full resolution and acceleration go hand in hand, and why not want both? Is the system in your sig your current system (I assume the 10.5.1 part is incorrect)? I can confirm Radeon HD 5870 1002;6898 works fully OTB with full resolution and HW acceleration with or without graphics enabler, but it gets dvd player with graphics enabler and and a few more fps if framebuffer manually set to Uakari, but can't walk into the store and buy one, or any card you actually want for that matter.

Since you got a few topics going, enable messenger and maybe can help without having to reply in all of them? Not sure exactly your question, I'm thinking you looking for a list of cards to consider purchasing that work otb, but then I am thrown off by "(not EFI because its 32bits I think)"? Are you using EFI for bootloader now? There are many lists around the web of what cards works otb or with only using chameleon's graphics enabler, but in many cases full resolution and acceleration go hand in hand, and why not want both? Is the system in your sig your current system (I assume the 10.5.1 part is incorrect)? I can confirm Radeon HD 5870 1002;6898 works fully OTB with full resolution and HW acceleration with or without graphics enabler, but it gets dvd player with graphics enabler and and a few more fps if framebuffer manually set to Uakari, but can't walk into the store and buy one, or any card you actually want for that matter.

which one its best apple brand or others 5870

which one its best apple brand or others 5870

only only reason to purchase apple branded 5870 would be to use it in a real apple MacPro working otb. For hackintosh any reference design 5870 should work similar. Reference design would be dual slot card with 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 DispalyPort. Although cannot guarantee this configuration will also guarantee the card uses the ATI reference design, chances are it does. Exact model # of mine is XFX HD-587X-ZNFV

only only reason to purchase apple branded 5870 would be to use it in a real apple MacPro working otb. For hackintosh any reference design 5870 should work similar. Reference design would be dual slot card with 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 DispalyPort. Although cannot guarantee this configuration will also guarantee the card uses the ATI reference design, chances are it does. Exact model # of mine is XFX HD-587X-ZNFV

thankyouXFX HD-587X-ZNFV

can you conform XFX HD-587X-ZNFV display port support to apple display 27" in hack in touch ple