Ati X1400 mobility with Evoenabler

montiniz

4 posts in this topic

it looks like there might be a way to run ati x1400 with evoenabler and ati1600controller.kext. edited ati1600controller, atix1000 and atiframebuffer kexts with proper ids, installed with evoenabler. the problem was there was no output on lvds, but the laptop was loading. i had ioregistry loaded on startup so i managed to save the info blindly. i include the saved file. what i think for lvds no output the problem might be mac not reading EDID from lvds. i tried to force to read it by editing info in system/library/displays but no output. it might be that my EDID was wrong, though it works well with RadeonHD.kext. i extracted it with ubuntu.

if anyone is willing to work on this i can give more info on how i did this.

does anyone know how evoenabler works. is it using atiframebuffer.kext or does it use it's own framebuffer. i'm doing this all to make the card work with ati custom personalities.

My system:

Acer Aspire 5672WLMi, ati x1400 128Mb,

ioregistry.zip

• 3 months later...

it looks like there might be a way to run ati x1400 with evoenabler and ati1600controller.kext. edited ati1600controller, atix1000 and atiframebuffer kexts with proper ids, installed with evoenabler. the problem was there was no output on lvds, but the laptop was loading. i had ioregistry loaded on startup so i managed to save the info blindly. i include the saved file. what i think for lvds no output the problem might be mac not reading EDID from lvds. i tried to force to read it by editing info in system/library/displays but no output. it might be that my EDID was wrong, though it works well with RadeonHD.kext. i extracted it with ubuntu.

does anyone know how evoenabler works. is it using atiframebuffer.kext or does it use it's own framebuffer. i'm doing this all to make the card work with ati custom personalities.

My system:

Hi!

You can try value "@0,override-no-connect". It works for me.

I haven't managed to find any other way to get working video with ATI1600Controller.kext.

Only with "@0,override-no-connect" driver gets correct EDID.

See attached file: EVOEnabler.kext\Contents\Info.plist.

PS: Have you tried sleep and wake? With ATI1600Controller my laptop can't wake - reboot. The reason - a kernel panic.

4NativeFramebuffer.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My system:

Hi!

You can try value "@0,override-no-connect". It works for me.

I haven't managed to find any other way to get working video with ATI1600Controller.kext.

Only with "@0,override-no-connect" driver gets correct EDID.

See attached file: EVOEnabler.kext\Contents\Info.plist.

PS: Have you tried sleep and wake? With ATI1600Controller my laptop can't wake - reboot. The reason - a kernel panic.

Hi , I'm having similar problem with acer 7741g , ati 5470 512mb , 1600x900 native res.

Mountain Lion not reading edid .

Have modified connectors and with ge=yes have full accereraltion thru vga and hdmi but black screen lvds.

Is it possible that "@0,override-no-connect" could help with my edid ?

Hi , I'm having similar problem with acer 7741g , ati 5470 512mb , 1600x900 native res.

Mountain Lion not reading edid .

Have modified connectors and with ge=yes have full accereraltion thru vga and hdmi but black screen lvds.

Is it possible that "@0,override-no-connect" could help with my edid ?

Yes, it might help!

You can use "AAPL00,override-no-connect"

with your EDID.