Lenovo Ideapad Y470p

muhgray

3 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about getting the Lenovo Y470p. Does anybody know if it would be possible to install Lion (preferably) or Snow Leopard onto it?

Let me know if I need to provide any more details, I'm pretty new to this. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just installed Lion on it. Worked almost OOB. Had to replace smbios.plist from macbook pro 8.1 After that i got my HD3000 working. Voodoo HDA for sound. Still working on LAN. As far as i know there is a problem with Wi-fi adapter, have not even tryed HD7690M.

Found some manual on chineese. http://www.pcbeta.co...tid-984758.html

Hey Just got mine $542 for an i5 2450m and the 7690m is a great deal.

Apple doesn't and never will use intel Wi-Fi on any of their products.

Intel 3000 should work as graphics but I will try to install OSX on it this week.

LAN as in ethernet or Wi-Fi

Ethernet is broadcom so finding the kext shouldn't be too hard.

If it's wifi find a half size atheros wifi card to replace it with and you should be set (research support first).

7690m is a rebraded 6770m (faster clock) which is what the MBP use currently but since they use a different method of switching between gpu's its difficult to get it to work in OS X if possible at that.

Note: 7690m can be recognized and should be used to power external images in theory but may not work in the Real world.