ZBOX HD-ID11 install method?

zacgoesrawr

3 posts in this topic

I've looked for weeks on the best way to install OSX on a ZBox HD-ID11 and all that i find is either outdated and i can't find the stuff needed or it's not completed/ unanswered.

The problem i come across is after installing, i've successfully installed with Hazard's SL disc and as well as taking my retail disk and using Nawcom's ModUSB on it. But the only way to get it to boot is booting from the USB drive and picking the partition. I've tried installing Chimera, which actually recognizes the hardware as Nvidia ION which is good, it just goes to a black screen. I've tried every boot flag possible to get it off of the black screen. I also cannot find a kext that supports the ION fully. DSTDs are also very confusing and if someone could help me with that, if that's how i need to do it. It'd be much appreciated!

My hardware specs:

Intel Atom D510 CPU

Intel NM10 Chipset

Next-gen ION GPU

if anymore info is needed let me know, thank you~

• 3 months later...

Here you go:

For ML 10.8 you need the ML Atom Legacy Kernel

My Extra folder Extra.zip

Some of those kexts might not be necessary, but this will get you to a working system. After that you can extract your DSDT and edit accordingly until you can drop most if not all of the kexts.

Those kexts need to be placed in S/L/E, since the Extra folder is deprecated after Lion. I personally use the MyHack installer to create a dummy kext which contains all of the Extra kexts as plug ins. That makes it easy to keep an eye on what kexts are added to a vanilla installation.

Here's one I made earlier: myHack.kext.zip

That kext also includes the IO80211Family.kext from 10.6.5, which you will need to get the WiFi card working. Later kexts break it.

Needless to say, sleep does not work so disable in SysPrefs/Energy Saver until you get your DSDT sorted, or your machine will may freeze if sleep kicks in.