[Solved] Unable to connect internet .

46 posts in this topic

The Extra folder resides at the root of the USB boot/installation disk and the HD install.

In the Tutorials section of this site there is a long thread by DigitalDreamer for installing SL, Lion and MountainLion on Gigabytes boards. He has developed an excellent script whose present version will take one through installation of Lion and ML from the retail DMG file for those OSes. I suggest you carefully read the first post in that thread which explains the various methods to install and has a link to his latest script. With that script you can create a bootable USB for Lion install starting with the .dmg file. The provided kexts are for the gigabyte boards but his script will install on other boards as any necessary kexts (such as the driver for your ethernet chip) can be copied to the kexts folders for install by his script.

Use Champlist to create a Simbios file for your board. Click Simbios at the top and then choose 'from database'. Use iMac10.1 as that will closely match your cpu. The Simbios file needs to be nearly correct as the Lion installer checks for compatibility during installation. Save the Simbios file and copy it into the Extra folder on the bootable USB stick. You can create a Org.Chameleon.boot.plist file from Champlist by clicking on 'configuration' and saving the file into the same Extra folder.

If you have a Lion retail DVD, double click to open the DVD then run the script to create a bootable USB drive. Then boot from the USB drive to install Lion to the HD. Once the install is complete, reboot with the USB but select your new install to run instead of the LionInstaller. Once at the desktop copy DD's script to the HD, run it and install the bootloader and kexts to the new install. Make sure the Extra folder on the new install contains your Simbios and boot.plist files.

• Like 1

If you have a Lion retail DVD, double click to open the DVD then run the script to create a bootable USB drive. Then boot from the USB drive to install Lion to the HD. Once the install is complete, reboot with the USB but select your new install to run instead of the LionInstaller. Once at the desktop copy DD's script to the HD, run it and install the bootloader and kexts to the new install. Make sure the Extra folder on the new install contains your Simbios and boot.plist files.

Tried a lot bro and also followed your instructions still m unable to get net... i have to wait until the correct driver comes... :(

• 5 months later...

I don't know if it's related, but :

1) i have an annoying problem with both Lion and Snow Leopard, using Ralink drivers for mac from Ralink's web page: the internet takes really a lotta time to connect. When it connects, everything works fine, and i noticed downloads run even faster than with Windows. The problem is sometimes it can take hours to establish connection, usually taking at least ten minutes to do so. Tried every solution available which i could found, and i did really lots of research. I decided not to bother anymore, since i never turn my computer off, but the issue is still there. I blamed the fact i use a patched kernel for AMD;

2) i have an equally annoying issue with both my Atheros Lan and Wi-Fi, either with Lion or Mountain Lion: sometimes they do not establish connection, and won't do so until i restart the machine. Plus, i always have issues changing from one to the other. In this case, i also blame the fact i use a patched kernel, this time for Atom CPUs, and the lack of a proper dsdt edition that could potentially solve it. Since it works most of the time, and will take only a restart to fix if it doesn't, i decided to move on from this too.

My point is: did you try to restart your computer a couple of times to see if it will connect? Or to wait a couple of hours to check if you have any progress?

P.S.: Isn't the RLT8139 the most problematic of all 8xxx series with OSX? Why precisely that one, instead of a, say, RLT8168 (in fact, the card of choice is the TPLink WDN4800, that works oob and is under $40).

My friend, a little research would have saved you money and, redundantly saying, time, which as we all know, is money. You'll have to sweat to make a RLT8139 work.

• Like 1

i dint tried waiting for long time... ill try this night ... but im from india so some of items which are actually a better one wont be available and they dont even know atleast what is mac so even if we explained they will claim that those stupid cards works on computer... even i called my isp he dint even know whats that operating system he saw that and tought it was windows 8 !!!thats the main matter anyways ill go to some other shop and ill search but instead of buying a new one i found many are going good with RLT8139 so thats my prob and one more thing i can ping to my dns so if there is any card problem can we ping to dns?

check this pic

and

so as the guide says if there is any kinda problem with our card it wont open but it was opening in my system so im breaking my head for this {censored}!!

Try to sell your RLT8139 and buy a brand new RLT8169 (or 8168, if the 69 is not available). If you want to go wireless, go with the TPLink WDN 48000. Save yourself from the headaches of having an unreliable, legacy kext-dependent network card if you can. This is the best advice i can give you.

If you have to stay with the RLT8139, try this driver (no guarrantee it will work): http://www.osx86.net/view/2279-rtl8139.html

• Like 1

i got D-Link DFE-520TX there are no other network cards here.... i bought it it has a native driver support for macintosh with driver cd but there is a problem it has driver for 10.2.x so when i installed it my mac which is 10.7.3 lion so it is not detecting my card can you have any updated drivers for it? and will it support mac? if not i have to quit mac sooooo pleaseeeeee its my humble request to help me m struggling for it ..... i have Atheros8152/8158, realtek RLT8139 and D-Link DFE-520TX ....... please try to give any of these drivers pleaseeee

That's the only one I didn't need :) You can use System Info app from here System Info, an app to get hardware and kexts info for any PCI devices, for USB devices, check in System Info from OSX, click the apple logo in the menubar and hold down option key, about this mac will change to system info, click it and go to usb and highlight your device.

Mac Pro.jpg

didn't really need the ID for your bluetooth, that was just an example how to get device ID for USB devices. Need device and vendor ID for the different wifi devices your trying to make work. If they are USB, that's how to get them, if they are PCI, use System info.app

• Like 1

didn't really need the ID for your bluetooth, that was just an example how to get device ID for USB devices. Need device and vendor ID for the different wifi devices your trying to make work. If they are USB, that's how to get them, if they are PCI, use System info.app

hmmm :) here is that...post-994528-0-98367900-1351432833_thumb.png

one more thing i can ping to my DNS-s , and also my device (NANO Station M2) please check this for my device config.

its default page is opening ....M_Series_Beginner_Guide.pdf this is my device manual

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for your efforts guys really thanks a lot and finally got my internet working its not my card fault and its my internet service provider fault they came and changed the settings from static to DHCP and Hurray i got my net working ... thanking you everyone Got my Hackintosh working fully !!!!!