iAtkos S3 on Vaio VPCEH2C5E

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install SL using iAktos S3 on my Vaio VPCEH2C5E but the furthest i have got is after installing i can boot up using the flags -x -v but it just freezes after a while.

The spec of my vaio is:

Intel® HM65 Express Chipset

Intel® Core™ i5-2450M Processor

6 GB 1333MHz DDR3-SDRAM

640 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm)

NVIDIA® GeForce® 410M GPU 1GB

Can some one poibnt me in the right direction in choosing the correct options in the custom list? I have tried various different combination with no success.

Appreciate your help.

after installing i can boot up using the flags -x -v but it just freezes after a while.

Where does it freeze? Do you get to the Desktop where you can open applications?

Or does it freeze during the white text on black background? If so, what do the last few lines say, or better, post a picture.

After I install IAtkos the laptop starts and i see the apple logo for a split second and it restarts.

If i boot to OSX using the flags -x -v i see the apple logo with a timmer going round....this then freezes after a few mins...i do sometimes see a progress bar in this screen which then goes half way and disaprears leaving the apple logo and time...which again freezes.

I dont get to a desktop.

I will try to post some pics shortly.

You asked for recommendations on choices in Customize. Choose only those things you are certain you need. If you choose too many things, they may cause conflicts in the system.

Leave everything as it is except the following:

Bootloader - choose Chameleon v2 RC5

Drivers - uncheck everything - once you get the computer booted, the items you need can be added

• 6 months later...

When I boot with -x -v or -f swithces (and different combinations), I get to the below screen and then nothing happens.

boothz.jpg

Has any one installed on a vaio with similar spec? if so what custom options did you use?

I have tried different boot loaders as well

@iFire, thanks your suggestion worked. I got to the SL Setup screen and successfully loaded up.

Now for the real novice in me....I have Win 7 alreay installed on my laptop. What is the best way to have both Win 7 and SL as dual boot.

How would I do this?

Thanks