2 posts in this topic

I have recently installed the iDeneb 10.5.5 x86 on my laptop. The laptop has a broken LCD screen, and you can only see the top left corner of it, but i figured this would be fine because i have an external monitor hooked up to it. the installation went fine. when i try to boot up the first time, the white screen with the gray apple and loading circle shows up on the external monitor for minute, then the screen turns light blue, then it turns off and switches to the broken LCD. But if i look at the LCD, all i can see is a black pointer because i only have that top left corner. I cant figure out how to get the display back to the external monitor. I have tried options at the boot up such as -x, -v, cpus=1, arch=x86, platform=X86PC...none help or change the outcome.

If it helps, the laptop is an Acer Aspire 5315 with 1gb of RAM and 8MB of video memory.

I appreciate any help possible and thank anyone who can help in advance

-Matt