Speedstep in 10.8

haxzion

29 posts in this topic

I found the solution for these P-State errors if you already have your pc / note working on Lion this shoud work without any dsdt /ssdt editings and you will not need NullCPU anymore.

Note: This is for Mountain Lion DP4 and Gold Master

see here: http://olarila.com/f...&p=13534#p13534

Are you serious? Just modify that plist and ssdt is not needed? We can go back to letting Chimera or Chameleon handle the c/p states generate =yes?

Edited:

Still need a ssdt I tried it got kernel panic without ssdt!!

This did however remove the smc message.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::initFanThrottleControl - waiting for AppleSMC

I'm struggling here too.

My Asus P8Z68-V Pro, with 3402 (modified) bios and i7-2600k at 4.8ghz boots 10.7.4 and I get ~ 17,000 in geekbench 64.

Same bios, board, setup, another partition running 10.8 GM - 11,000 in geekbench 64.

I have tried the speedstepper mod, generating dsdts and editing them. Various smbios.plists. Various SDST files. For a week I've been reading through the forums and attempting various fixes, I just can't get this mb to run at 4.8ghz in ML.

I have another MB - Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 that runs ML 10.8 at 4.8ghz no problems whatsoever. I don't even use a DSDT.aml.

• 1 year later...

Gosh, there has been no activity on this forum for a while. I hope someone out there is still listening. Has anyone found a soultion to this yet?

I have used every SSDT tool (RevoGirl, MaciASL, Pike) and get pretty much the same results, two P-States. Usualy 16 and 20, or 12 and 21. Then after a day of messing with it I got sick of it and decided to turn all of it off, meaning I took out SSDT.aml from E/E folder, deleted any Generate P or C States commands and DropSSDT from org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the works. And guess what? I still get two P states if I watch HWMonitor or check it with DPCIManager. What gives?

My specs are Core i7-920, overclocked to 3.5Ghz (166x21). System profiler recognizes the processor as 3.32Ghz.

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P Mobo

MacMan's DSDT

Chameleon-2.2svn-r2265

FakeSMC 5.3.877

SMBios MacPro 4,1

SMC Version (system): 1.39f5