iPod or iPod refurbished

14 posts in this topic

My wife and I are thinking about getting an ipod but when we looked thru the sale page in the apple store, the ipod refurbished were much less than the ones that just came out. what is the big difference between the two ?

Is it just the ability to view movies and shows? Are the refurbished one enhanced too?

Please advise

Yeah, there is no difference between the two. Any parts that needed replaced have been and I believe they get a brand new battery. I bought a refurbished mac mini a while back and it was exactly the same as buying one new (other than I saved $150). Just get a refurbished, it doesn't make sense to pay more.

My wife and I are thinking about getting an ipod but when we looked thru the sale page in the apple store, the ipod refurbished were much less than the ones that just came out. what is the big difference between the two ?

Is it just the ability to view movies and shows? Are the refurbished one enhanced too?

Please advise

well, i would have to say that youll end up with a refurb ether way (warrenty replacements) but you should go with the refurb only if the warrenty is the same as the regular one, other wise, hell no to say the least.

max

well, i would have to say that youll end up with a refurb ether way (warrenty replacements) but you should go with the refurb only if the warrenty is the same as the regular one, other wise, hell no to say the least.

max

you get the year warranty and you can also purchase an extended 3-year plan (same with either the new or refurb).

you get the year warranty and you can also purchase an extended 3-year plan (same with either the new or refurb).

ok, then id probly go with the refurb, you cant tell the diference... i have a referb (since thats what they give you when your new one breaks after like a month...) so id definately go with that.

max

How do you get to the refurbished page?? And why did you say that when your ipod crashes in guarantee you get a refurbished ipod, don't apple gives you one new?? Thanksl.

here's the link:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...;nclm=Certified

and if your ipod breaks, no they don't send you a brand new one, you get a refurb. one more way for them to save money i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just here to tell you guys that my refurbished iPod was great while it lasted. It was really nice couldn't tell it was refurbished, but once you get it don't take off the plastic thing it has on it until you buy something to protect it. I said while it lasted because some one stole it out of my gym locker in school. So now I'm going to get a nano or just wait to get another video but this time I'm going to get one of the new ones they seem nicer and I now want my name on the back so its a little riskier to steal.

Well just here to tell you guys that my refurbished iPod was great while it lasted. It was really nice couldn't tell it was refurbished, but once you get it don't take off the plastic thing it has on it until you buy something to protect it. I said while it lasted because some one stole it out of my gym locker in school. So now I'm going to get a nano or just wait to get another video but this time I'm going to get one of the new ones they seem nicer and I now want my name on the back so its a little riskier to steal.

wow, that sucks man. :D you've really got to keep those things with you at all times, or put some type of tracking device on them. if i ever caught someone trying to steal my ipod, there would be hell to pay :D apple should make a device to keep ipods attached to their owners at all times (the iLock, order one today!) so we don't have to deal with stuff like that.

oh yeah, and if you want your ipod back, that'll be $1,000,000 in unmarked bills... :)

wow, that sucks man. :) you've really got to keep those things with you at all times, or put some type of tracking device on them. if i ever caught someone trying to steal my ipod, there would be hell to pay :) apple should make a device to keep ipods attached to their owners at all times (the iLock, order one today!) so we don't have to deal with stuff like that.

oh yeah, and if you want your ipod back, that'll be $1,000,000 in unmarked bills... :)

lol yea im over it Im just going to wait for the next video ipod and buy that one and this time i will never take to to my school until next semester when ill be able to have it in my pocket all the time :)

wow, that sucks man. :thumbsdown_anim: you've really got to keep those things with you at all times, or put some type of tracking device on them. if i ever caught someone trying to steal my ipod, there would be hell to pay :laser: apple should make a device to keep ipods attached to their owners at all times (the iLock, order one today!) so we don't have to deal with stuff like that.

oh yeah, and if you want your ipod back, that'll be $1,000,000 in unmarked bills... :2cents:

heh, my dad told me to never bring mine to school and kept making me leave it at home (when he caught me) and then one day i had mine at school and some one broke through my back door and stole his ipod... (thats about all they got... tehy think my mom got home when they were in the house... the door was worth more than the 40gb iPod) and i still had mine... so now when ever he trys to tell me that then i just remind him of that... oh, and keepi t in a locked locker or ur pocked... (if it wont fall out)