Thanks I'll try that and post it here.

Downloading Ubuntu right now.

Sandro Melia

Sandro Melia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Ok I'm really tired of this {censored}. I failed to install acpidump. Cuz my wifi drivers (witch I had to compile manually for linux) don't work under latest ubuntu. So I can't get any updates via apt-get. I'm really pissed. Not going to install older version of ubuntu. There should be other way of installing osx without DSDT!!!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
ahh u have broadcom 43xx .. b43 firmware installer would work if u had ethernet..then no need for wifi.
if u have another mac u can enable ethernet internet sharing and use that to dload update.

Sandro Melia

Sandro Melia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Yes I have another mac but this time I used http://www.osx86.es/?p=883 this windows port to extract the DSDT file. Don't know why this tool isn't suggested anywhere else )

Heres my DSDT.aml https://skydrive.liv...BEF79630668!820

whats next? ) Can't really remember how to add this to boot.plist. and what do I have to patch exactly?

P.S. Lunux - you can use this file too we have exactly the same config. So you won't have to bother of getting it next time. My skydrive will remain till the end of the time :) This goes to other MBA clone owners ) they're all same.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
mainly in dsdt editor for linux or windows . the patches like newhpet, rtc, irqs, EHCI, SMBUS/SBUS, LPC ich#?(= lspci to see device id.)
and maybe a little more.

the dsdt.aml goes in /Extra/dsdt.aml once its patched

Sandro Melia

Sandro Melia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Can u please verify that I extracted my DSDT file correctly? Extract button does that right? : ))) Or maybe it's some sort of sample of that file? ) It's a Noobish question I know.

lunux

lunux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
thanks Sandro,
I downloaded the DSDT file, I hope this could be a real solution and fix for our machines.
In my opinion , I ahve a feeling that the bios has some limitations for different OS, did you try a live usb linux edition, like
pclinuxos?? I think we have to check it before , if linux works, also MAc has to work.
regards

lunux

lunux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
TONYMAC said i n a post:

Anyone who get stuck at "DSMOS has arrived" need to replace graphics kexts (in your installer) with the working SL's kexts.
replace 3 AppleIntelHD* kexts in S/L of the installer. Then go on installation.

set your BIOS to ACHI mode

try ######

another try from Prays Blog

I installed Snow on my Asus P5W DH Deluxe with ATI HD 3870 system recently and tried many of the suggestions to get the system to boot without success. It would always hang soon after “DSMOS has arrived”. The solution I finally found was to remove ATIRadeonX2000.kext and
ATI3800Controller.kext from /S/L/E and then the system booted to the GUI correctly and allowed me to fine tune from there. Other ATI video cards that are currently unsupported should benefit from the same process by removing the appropriate kexts from /S/L/E. I haven’t tested this but the ATI1xxx series should remove ATIRadeonX1000.kext and the corresponding ATI1xxxController.kext and ATI2xxx and ATI3xxx series remove ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATI2xxxController.kext to achieve the same results. I hope you can use this info in your blog.

I currently boot the system from a USB stick with Chameleon-2-1.0-r431 with the following kexts in /E/E folder and they have so far provided me with a very stable system. I also added this line “-x32 boot-uuid=BCA03D4B-F4A5-387A-B80F-B793D2115741″ to the “Kernel Flags” section of com.apple.Boot.plist to boot by default in 32 bit mode as I have heard it may improve stability until 64 bit options are improved. If you have any suggestions please send a reply.
AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleRTC.kext
ATAPortInjector.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.
kext
IOAudioFamily.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
OSvKernDSPLib.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
Sleepenabler.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

a friend suggest me this

PCIRootUID=0

Sandro Melia

Sandro Melia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I tried removing almost all Graphic kexts including ati ones. Didn't help.

Linux works. I've installed several distress. Like ubuntu, joli, gos etc. Sata is set to ACHI. Otherwise It won't even boot. PCIRootUID=0 Doesn't fix it also.. ))

lunux

lunux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
#####?

Sandro Melia

Sandro Melia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
###### is a post install tool

lunux

lunux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
DELETE ALL THE GRAPHIC KEXT FROM THE SYSTEM/INSTALLATION/EXTENSIONS
and from extra AND AT THE BOOT JUST TYPE

GraphicsEnabler=No

by the way
##### is not only post,
if you have amac ohackintosh machine
you can install on usb live mac

try booting with "PCIRootUID=1 apci=0x2000 -v" (Without quotes obvs)

or
under a differente mac pc

1. right click on the usb volume and click on 'get info...'
2. scroll down, unlock
3. uncheck the 'ignore ownership on this volume'

uploads/monthly_07_2011/post-5400-1310075134_thumb.png

Sandro Melia

Sandro Melia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
:( Same

We need to digg through DSDT IMHO

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
if video is not supported.. what can be done.?

apci=0x2000 ? try npci=0x1000 or npci=0x3000

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D

multi beast is not only post,
if you have amac ohackintosh machine
you can install on usb live mac

No reason to use MultiBeast, it is a simple compilation of drivers that any non-programmer (like myself) could put together. Don't know why it's received so much attention...

In any case, I would look up "GMA 3600 QE/CI" (w/out quotes) to see if graphics is supported at all. If it's not there's no point in installing OS X.

Sandro Melia

Sandro Melia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I think this is a dead end. GMA 3600 is simply not supported.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Then honestly this won't work well. Even if you get OS X installed, the performance will not be good.

Sandro Melia

Sandro Melia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Well I doubt that cuz 3600 is pretty much the same as other atom based GMA-s so it should work anyway.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,458 posts
Yeah, it'll work...but what kind of functionality do you want?

You won't be able to use DVD Player, most screensavers, games, Preview (there may be a hack), and basically the machine has about as much graphics functionality as a 2000 iMac G3 (with an ATi Rage 128). In other words, unless you do very basic tasks (even Pages and also Word I believe require QE/CI), then probably going back to Windows or migrating to Linux might be a better idea.

lunux

lunux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
chek this:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258611

http://www.insanelym...5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy