British Keyboard

Clarkeez

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have a problem with the Keyboard layout on my hackintosh.

When I installed OS X, I told the setup wizard that I'm from the UK and to use a British keyboard layout.

When OS X was installed, it shows that it is using the British layout but in fact it's a USA layout.... " and @ are wrong way around etc.

I done some research and other people are having this problem and I found a guide to install a proper British layout.

I followed the guide and managed to get the new layout selectable in the options, like this.

Notice I cannot untick the default layout

PGz19.png

This is the new option I now have in my menu bar.

RpNM9.jpg

Problem is that it ALWAYS jumps back to the default layout with any new application.

So, if opened chrome, I have to manually select it, then if I was to go to another app like Finder - it jumps back to default layout, even if I go back to chrome.

It's SOOOO frustrating as I'm a web developer so I need all the symbols in the right places.

This forum must have some british hackers, so if your british and your hackintosh layout is correct - PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DID!

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Matt

Had a similar probably with my French keyboard, with most keys not right as it is not a mac keyboard.

Solved it by installing a custom keyboard layout (Logitech FR)

Check: http://scripts.sil.o...nrsi&id=ukelele

Doesn't need to be installed, just open it and find the Logitech keyboard layouts there should be one for most languages. Can't remember exactly where in the OSX disk this need to be installed, but it is explained in the Ukele help file. Once done you should have Logitech - GB as a new keyboard language and be able to only select this one.

Hope it helps.

I am using British with no problems, I also have both ticked like you but I never have to select British

I have attached the file and instructions I used, I hope that helps.

I seem to remember that I had to select it from the menu bar then log out and back in and then I hid the menu bar option afterwards.

Give it another go.

Mike

MacOSX.UK.keylayout.070426.zip

I am using British with no problems, I also have both ticked like you but I never have to select British

I have attached the file and instructions I used, I hope that helps.

I seem to remember that I had to select it from the menu bar then log out and back in and then I hid the menu bar option afterwards.

Give it another go.

Mike

Thankyou! IT WORKED!