ML DP3 Problems: HDA, Nvdia

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,137 posts

Yes it works for me, but only 3 outputs and 2 inputs. Headphones, Line In, Digital In, Line Out & Digital Out.

Well for me, not having any sound in 10.7.3 for a while THIS was a big improvement.
Maybe one of the other Layout ID's may offer something different, but at the moment, this will do me.
Some sound is WAY better than NO sound.

VCH888

VCH888

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Yes it works for me, but only 3 outputs and 2 inputs. Headphones, Line In, Digital In, Line Out & Digital Out.

or patching yourself

Thanks and credit to revogirl for zlib.pl script (using Google)
and
using stock layout-id instead, i.e, 12

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
Any clues as to what's going on with the fermi cards? Even with a fresh install I had corruption straight away (first desktop load after completing setup wizard). I also tried using a DSDT injection in place of chameleon graphics enabler, but no change.

I've tried different FakeSMC/IntelCPUMonitor versions and updated chameleon from 1897 to ermac's latest 1925 build. Nothing has worked so far.

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
After Softwareupdate for DP3 (2.5.2012) no more Errors. QE and CI works.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
I seen that, using Nvidia 9600 GT that wrong NV100Hal.kext (fermi gpu only) was loaded - beside the normal (non fermi) NV50HAL.kext, which was correkt loaded.
Kextstat shows that.
Maybe one of the reason i got major problems.
So check also if perhaps wrong kext loaded too.
I simple deleted NV100Hal.kext , the not used one to avoid that loading and erases all kext cache before reboot.
For me, i never had to add dev id into nv kexts - only using graphicsenabler. So something must change in the NV kext handling since DP3 / DP3 update.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
Yeah something has to have changed. Up until DP3 I'd get a grey bootscreen with the Apple logo just before the desktop appeared. Now it's just a blank white screen.

Sgt.ASavage

Sgt.ASavage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I got that slow rendering problem in dp3. However, after getting the second mountain lion dp3 update 2, the problem was solved. I'm not sure how many people got that fixed. Please share your experience. =]
My Nvidia Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX460OC 1G

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing

I got that slow rendering problem in dp3. However, after getting the second mountain lion dp3 update 2, the problem was solved. I'm not sure how many people got that fixed. Please share your experience. =]
My Nvidia Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX460OC 1G

As you said i installed DP3 2nd preview and now the resolution is back to normal.NVhal50.kext loaded and registered.
Thanks a lot

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing
No only on first boot after DP3 second update works then it goes blank black screen or standby.

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Wonderful - AppleHDA in ML DP4 for 889a(885) works natively with Audio ID 12.

Edit - With some sound assertions.
Edit2 - Well, not really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy