Please help Ati hd 4850 sapphire 1 gb

bentek86

11 posts in this topic

Hello, im going crazy with this video card...evryvere i read thatit works simple editing ati4800controller and adding 0x94421002 but i always got black screen or the message "not optimal resolution".

I try with different motherboard, different monitor with dvi or vga but the result didnt change.

I have an asus p5q-e with dsdt and all works perfect.

I install retail and purchased copy of lion from usb then i modify ati4800controller and repair permission and reboot...black screen...

Also try ati 48xx injector and graphicsenabler by netkas but same result.

Also try graphicsenabler no and -x but nothing to do... On every try i must reinstall anything.

Please somebody can help me? Where i am doing worng?

actually lion 10.7.3....but i also try 10.7.0 or 10.6 and 10.6.8...i will try immediatelythe exotic patch...but how it's possible that on HCL and on the forum this video card is supported simply with ati4800 editing or with graphicsenabler and for me this doesen't work?

since Lion came in I haven't really saw a need for the 4850 using graphics enabler anymore. Getting most 4850s to work meant editing the 4800 controller and the x2000 acceleration kext as well. By chance did you edit the acceleration kext as well because I didn't see you mention it in your original post.

Then do you think that this video card works only with snowleopard? i also tru snow leopard but still black screen...and anyway no, i didn't know that i have to modify the acceleration kexts too...do you mean atiradeonx2000? how i have to modify it?

Ok, i try exotic patch and then try to modify atiradeonx2000 adding my id...sameresult...black screen after load...also try graphcs enabler no and useatirom yes...

During loading i have errors about could'nt load class atiradeonx2000 and audiouuc and applehdacontroller if this can help

nothing to do...even wih chameleon...sometimes the video work at 1440x950...but the rest of time still black screen.. with -v flag i read "couldn't alloc class atiradeonx2000" and can't load kext atiradeonx2000 ati4800controller..

what this mean? i try also to put they in extra/extenstion instead of system/library/extension...and i always repair permission...

i'm going to buy another video card...is it impossible that only for me this doesen't work