6510b Snow Leopard

amontes65

2 posts in this topic

I have tried about 15 times to install SL 10.6.x on my 6510b using ###### + ###### and this are my findings...

(BTW my DVD stop working after the 7 time, not sure if it is a Motherboard or DVD unit issue)

First, WHY when I put the SL disc and go thru the setup process, everything works OK? the keyboard, mouse pad, the screen size and resolution, usb ports, etc...

Once I run the ###### (either with ###### or DSDT option), the screen size is not right, mouse pad does not work, keyboard does not work....

Up to know this his what I was able to do:

FYI I basically follow this instructions:

######

Installed SL

Downloaded and run Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update

DO NOT REBOOT leave the window open

Run the ######, it actually crashed and close the Combo window too so I had to run it again

And finally I used the DSDT from this link (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=186496)

but FOR ME, the other packeges in this last link did not work, that is why I had to reinstall several times...

Keyboard does not work, Mouse pad does not work but bluetooth does, so I am using a external mouse and the virtual keyboard and NETWORK does not work but I was able to get a KEXT for the network card (attached to the post).

For now, this is going to be my iTunes server so I do not care if the keyboard works or not.

I hope this helps for anybody that has a 6510b.