• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

amontes65

amontes65

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have tried about 15 times to install SL 10.6.x on my 6510b using ###### + ###### and this are my findings...
(BTW my DVD stop working after the 7 time, not sure if it is a Motherboard or DVD unit issue)

First, WHY when I put the SL disc and go thru the setup process, everything works OK? the keyboard, mouse pad, the screen size and resolution, usb ports, etc...

Once I run the ###### (either with ###### or DSDT option), the screen size is not right, mouse pad does not work, keyboard does not work....

Up to know this his what I was able to do:
FYI I basically follow this instructions:

######
Installed SL
Downloaded and run Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update
DO NOT REBOOT leave the window open
Run the ######, it actually crashed and close the Combo window too so I had to run it again
And finally I used the DSDT from this link (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=186496)
but FOR ME, the other packeges in this last link did not work, that is why I had to reinstall several times...

Keyboard does not work, Mouse pad does not work but bluetooth does, so I am using a external mouse and the virtual keyboard and NETWORK does not work but I was able to get a KEXT for the network card (attached to the post).

For now, this is going to be my iTunes server so I do not care if the keyboard works or not.

I hope this helps for anybody that has a 6510b.

amontes65

amontes65

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just noticed that it #### when I use i Boot or #####, is there a reason? Also some of the links...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, 6510b, install, Snow Leopard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy