[Problem] Overheating CPU and GPU in notebook.

KubMark

3 posts in this topic

Hi !

I'got serious problem with my new hackintosh. After a big fight with my graphics card everything is working but there's a one thing. My laptop ( Packard Bell tj-75 ) is overheating. I've installed iStat and it's saying idle - CPU : 65 GPU: 60, but when i start doing somethind temperature goes to CPU:80 GPU: 75. Im worried about my laptop. Yesterday when i was talking on Skype my CPU goes to 100 Celcious degrees ! and GPU to over 80. I don't know what to do. My graphics card is ATI radeon 5470m 512m ( and thanks god its working ), and my CPU is Intel Core i5 430M. Please guys, I need your help.

And very interesting thing. Yesterday i reinstalled my voodoohda kext for newer because my mic didnt work ( and it doesn't work now ) my idle temperature went up. And now its like 75 for GPU

i actually think that the hardware dont gets that hot? or do you really feel it? i more think that the hackintosh reads the temperatures wrong, maybe the heat-recognizers send false signals, then the system means its too hot and gives an overheat alert

• 3 weeks later...

Go to BIOS,check the temperatures there,then go to Windows,download OpenHardwareMonitor (its free) and check temps there but also check if speedstep is working on Windows and in OSX.Then compare results.There is a chance it is reporting wrong temps,not at all an uncommon problem.