209 replies to this topic

hackmymac

hackmymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Breaking computers and software, Moto GP, V8 Supercars, Golf
I'm the same with that. Specs below. Followed method 2. Worked like a charm. Only had to install the nvidia drivers, since native support didn't work for me. Upgrade went ok. I'm currently using the the kernel from AnV with the 32bit finder.

Confirmed for:

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T OCed to 3.85ghz
Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 - Audio worked with Voodoo 2.7.61 i think?
4 x 2 Gig G.Skill ram
4 x 1 TB WD Black Sata 3
ASUS GTX570 1.5gig
ASUS PCI-N13 wireless (ralink RT2860 - used leopard driver, still worked)

Devout - Thanks for the guide, its was really easy to follow. I've even tried the 3 method for fun, had little trouble with virtual box. still working on it.

ivanucho

ivanucho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Working on AMD 64 Athlon x2
But no mouse, it boots to the welcome screen but the mouse is not moving any help?
I've tried the "USBLegacyOff = Yes" but nothing :/

SOLVED installed ###### from another partition and change my Org.chameleon.boot.plist user kernel cache to yes and im using lion now thank you :)

Devout

Devout

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I'm the same with that. Specs below. Followed method 2. Worked like a charm. Only had to install the nvidia drivers, since native support didn't work for me. Upgrade went ok. I'm currently using the the kernel from AnV with the 32bit finder.

Confirmed for:

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T OCed to 3.85ghz
Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 - Audio worked with Voodoo 2.7.61 i think?
4 x 2 Gig G.Skill ram
4 x 1 TB WD Black Sata 3
ASUS GTX570 1.5gig
ASUS PCI-N13 wireless (ralink RT2860 - used leopard driver, still worked)

Devout - Thanks for the guide, its was really easy to follow. I've even tried the 3 method for fun, had little trouble with virtual box. still working on it.

Thanks :3 I try making my guides VERY easy to follow. The third method is difficult but can be done. Additionally if you know how to attached physical partitions to the VirtualBox, then you'll be able to install directly on the partition from within VirtualBox, but this is not very easy and I didn't want to include this in the guide since the methods that I have written up seem to cover the most reasonable options.

I don't use Hackintosh Machines anymore unfortunately, I'm using all genuine products. :D

- Devout

I will update guide to Mountain Lion, when there is a kernel. -Goodluck guys!

Continue to PM me if you need help! :) I will reply as fast as possible. I don't check this topic often, but I will get email notifications from your PM's.

phantomsniper773

phantomsniper773

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hello, I followed the iAtkos L2 method, and got my system working pretty well. The only thing not working, as far as I can tell, is sleep.
My setup is as follows:

-OS X 10.7.4
- AMD Phenom II X4 965
- ASUS M4A77TD (not Pro) motherboard (used AppleATiATA kext to get PATA working)
- ATi Radeon HD 5770 (works OOB)
- VIA VT1708S (had to modify this kext with my device id)
-Realtek RTL81xx ethernet (using Lnx2Mac driver)
-2 x 2 Corsair Dominator RAM

I know OS X on AMD is never guaranteed, but does anyone know how I could get sleep working? If I try to sleep the PC, the screen turns off and it won't wake again. Also, does anyone else have Finder (DP2) causing a kernel panic shortly after browsing around an NTFS drive (in my case, it's my Windows 7 drive)?

And thanks to Devout and all the devs that made this happen!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,784 posts
Hi!

Try to add to org.chameleon.Boot.plist the kernel flag darkwake=0.

Good luck!

phantomsniper773

phantomsniper773

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi!

Try to add to org.chameleon.Boot.plist the kernel flag darkwake=0.

Good luck!

I tried both darkwake=0 and darkwake=1 and it made no difference. It did the same thing under Snow Leopard as well so I'm thinking it's just something that would need to be patched in the DSDT or something, but I don't have any experience with that.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,784 posts
Hi!

My Snow Leo setup sleeps seamlessly with SleepEnabler, without dsdt patches. With Lion, though, it presented the same issue you're experiencing, but i solved it with Darkwake=0. In the end, i found the user experience in Lion without 64-bit support a crippling one, so i'm back to Snow Leopard and very happy.

Are you're system crashing when you put it to sleep, or does it wake, but your display not? If you have another machine, try to see if your AMD one appears on the network when you wake it up.

phantomsniper773

phantomsniper773

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hmm, after looking at it through TeamViewer, I think the computer is not actually sleeping. Rather, I think it's just turning off the GPU but keeping the rest of it on. When I put it to sleep, Teamviewer stays connected, although it just displays a black screen. Also, I noticed that the CPU fan goes to max speed.

xestz

xestz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Confirmed worked for me. Thanks

Lion 10.7.3

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
ASRock 880GMH/U3S3
Team Xtreem 8GB
Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
Use kernel flag: -legacy -force64 -v npci=0x3000
note: I don't know why If I don't use -force64 I can't open Activity Monitor, OSX86Tools, etc.

Lan: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2053
GFX: http://legacy.tonyma...hp?f=15&t=27459 and http://tonymacx86.bl...xx-and-5xx.html
Audio: try ALC892 and VoodooHDA but not working :(

Here my screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/p7Kq5.jpg

pc/osxnoob

pc/osxnoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Has anyone else seen this http://osx86.co/f100...d-kernel-t7687/

Very useful, I still can't get both 32 and 64bit apps to work at the same time though.

I'm running an FX 6100

phantomsniper773

phantomsniper773

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Has anyone else seen this http://osx86.co/f100...d-kernel-t7687/

Very useful, I still can't get both 32 and 64bit apps to work at the same time though.

I'm running an FX 6100

That's the kernel I was using. I couldn't get 64bit apps working either, but I have a Phenom II CPU. Have you tried the sysenter traps patch mentioned in the post?

pc/osxnoob

pc/osxnoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It doesn't let me download the files, so not sure if the traps would work

inkscape

inkscape

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Confirmed working 10.7.3 on the following:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Processor: AMD FX-4170
Graphics card: EVGA NVidia GTX 550 Ti

I used iATKOS L2 V2 by Niresh12495

Dual-booted with Windows 7 on OCZ Agility 3 SSD & OSX 10.7.3 on WD Blue 1TB HDD

Devout

Devout

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Drifting back and forth, the kernel that is linked for the 64bit apps only work with bulldozer (FX) processors. :) Phenom processors will not be able to run them since they're missing SSSE3 instructions.

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Getting:
PANIC (CPU 0 Caller 0x560013): "Unable to find driver for this platform: ( "acpi )". . .etc,why?

pc/osxnoob

pc/osxnoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
10.7.5 works with the 10.7.4 kernel, only problem I'm having is not being able to run 32/64 bit apps at the same time.

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
now i have replaceAppleACPIPlatform.kext whit:
http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=1171

And now i am geting panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2aafbe) : Kernel trap at 0x5d6477b4

Something about IOFireWireFamily (46406)

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

10.7.5 works with the 10.7.4 kernel, only problem I'm having is not being able to run 32/64 bit apps at the same time.

:thumbsup_anim:

Activation mode 32/64 bit

Comme je le disais un peu plus haut dans le tuto , vous disposez du mode 32 bit (-legacy) ou du mode 64 bit (par défaut) mais il s'avère que les appli 32 bit comme Flash Player pour visualiser les vidéos Youtube par exemple , ne fonctionneront pas et nous n'avons pas intérêt à rester en mode 32 bit car il s'en suit de crash appli , de copier/coller non fonctionnel et du Finder non fonctionnel également , en fait , se sont les problèmes que rencontre les procs AMD non SSSE , comme la serie FX est capable 64 bit , nous allons activer le mode 32 bit via Terminal à l'aide du fameu patch AMD de ANV opérationnel sur Lion 10.7 .

donc vous allez poser le patch AMD sur le bureau et ouvrir Terminal , en suite vous saisirez ce qui est écrit en rouge sur l'image .
vous remarquerez que sur la deuxième image , il y a une ligne de commande supplémentaire , celle-ci , nous l'avons réalisé avec Nanael de Mac On PC à l'aide de team viewer , en gros comme je suis nul dans ce domaine c'est Nanael qui m'a saisi les lignes de commande dans Terminal et qui s'est fini en succès , un gros :woohoo: à Nanael !!!

Egalement , RAWX86 de InfiniteMac m'a mit sur la piste pour saisir les bons codes .

traduction :

As I said a little earlier in the tutorial, you have the 32-bit mode (-legacy) or 64-bit (default), but it turns out that 32 bit as applicable Flash Player to view the videos in Youtube example, will not work and we have no interest in staying in 32 bit mode because it follows crash app, copy / paste non-functional and non-functional Finder also, in fact, are the problems facing AMD procs SSSE not like the FX series 64 bit capable, we will enable the 32-bit mode via terminal using the patch fameu AMD ANV running on Lion 10.7.

So you put the patch on the AMD desktop and open Terminal, after you enter what is written in red on the image.
you will notice that the second image, there is a additional command line, it, we realized with Nanael Mac On PC using team viewer, basically as I suck in this area c 'Nanael who has grabbed my command line in Terminal and was finished successfully, a big one: woohoo: for Nanael!

Also, RAWX86 of InfiniteMac put me on the track to enter the correct code.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Donc après , chaque ligne rouge saisi vous saisirez enter , ça va de soit .

Voici les codes de RAWX86 :

traduction :

So after each red line before you enter enter, it goes without saying.

Here RAWX86 codes:

correct usage is:

sudo -s
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/dyld /usr/lib/dyld_patched
cp /usr/lib/dyld_patched /usr/lib/dyld
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib_patched
cp /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib_patched /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
update_dyld_shared_cache

pc/osxnoob

pc/osxnoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Could you provide a link to the patch, so I can try it out please?

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

Could you provide a link to the patch, so I can try it out please?

:thumbsup_anim:

10.7.4 AMD Kernel - InfiniteMac

InfiniteMac - View Single Post - Legacy kernel 10.6.8 with custom dyld and new SSE3 emulator and VIA Nano cpu support

amd_insn_patcher_src.zip

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AMD, Lion, 1073, Guide, Kernel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy