[AMD] 10.7.3 Guide - Experimental Only

Devout

210 posts in this topic

I said that my system is running just fine, but something just came to my mind: i have a tower with four disks, three SATA disks (one of them, exactly the one that contains my Lion OsX, is a 2'5'' from an old netbook, lol) and one 40 GB PATA disk, this one having a Win7 installation.

My BIOS is set so the disks run as AHCI. When the AHCI BIOS loads, it shows four devices. My four disks, right? Wrong answer: it shows the three SATA ones plus my optical drive, which is also SATA. Here, no surprises at all. Then, enter the Chameleon. At the Chameleon boot, my PATA disk is listed with the other three, and i can boot Windows without issues, and from Windows i can read and write on the other disks by using MacDrive.

However, when i boot in OsX, i simply cannot see my PATA Windows disk, even using Disk Utility. I tried to fix it today using a Snow Leopard patched kext, AppleIntelPIIXATA.Kext, but nothing changed (and i did it as pure guessing, since i don't really know if this kext is related to PATA issues). Then i did a lot of googling, but the only thread i found (in fact, here at Insanelymac: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=166133) adressing this issue remains unanswered since it was started, three years ago!

Maybe there's no solution, but maybe the answer is so obvious that it didn't worth an answer in the past. Anyway, i'm afraid it is quite un-obvious for me: how could i make my PATA HD a visible prey to my SATA big cat?

Thanks in advance!

u have Lion working in 32 bits or 64 bits ??

32 bits. Its not a bulldozer so I presume 64 bit mode won't work (haven't tried).

Working sweet though. The occasional crash, but only once every 4 days or so. Also its booting up on first attempt every time now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990 FX

Proc: Phenon II X6 1055T

Graph: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

RAM: 4GB, DDR3, 1600 Mhz

HDD: 2x 1TB, WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1

Works fine: graphics, sound, network, [..] but when i copy files, or open apps, Finder doesn't work properly. How fix this?

-> copy = stuck on 0kb

-> open app = icon bounces and doesn't open

Edit: fixed, i removed reportcrash

Regards from Brazil.

It almost works properly on my computer. I have a problem with disks access under Lion, I cannot install any application because I cannot choose partition where i want to install it. When I run Disk Utility there are no disks (disk list is empty) but when I use finder i can explore partitions and copy files from one to another. I think it is problem with DP 2 Lion Finder because before I install it I saw disks in "About Mac->More Info->Storage" and after installing that finder nothing is there. Unfortunately I have to install that finder because the default one dosen't work for me.

My hardware:

1. Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H

2. AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4850e

3. Southbridge SB700

4. NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

5. SATA disks:

Disk nr 1 - WDC WD2500JS-55NCB1 ATA Device (232 GB) - Win 7

Disk nr 2 - ST3320620AS ATA Device (298 GB) - Lion 10.7.2 iATKOS L2

Disk nr 3 - WDC WD1600JD-22HBB0 ATA Device (149 GB) - empty

Disk nr 4 - ST3160812AS ATA Device (149 GB) - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 Hazard

I installed Lion 10.7.2 iATKOS L2 from Snow Leopard, after that I replaced mach_kernel, installed DP2 Lion Finder restarted system, installed chimera 1.11.1 and restared system. Everything is ok except that i cannot install any application. Please, could you help me with that problem?

I'm trying to install Mac OS X Lion with iAtkos L2 on my old PC with this guide.

Motherboard : MSI K8N Neo4/SLI (MS-7100)

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2000 MHz

Chipset : nVidia nForce4

Videoboard : ATI Radeon X1600 - DevID 71c2

Sorry for bad English language, I'm Italian and I'm studying English. I'm only 13.

-Edit :

I've got some trouble, I needed to repair MBR with Super Grub Disk and I needed to repair Windows 7 Partition with Windows Restore 7 Disk, now I can boot to Windows 7, but I can't boot to OSX because I don't have Chameleon...what can I do?

-Edit 2 :

Okay, I've got Chameleon working, but when I click on the icon of Lion, my PC reboots.

I can say that Athlon X2 3800+ DOESN'T WORK on Lion.

Mobo: MSI 790FX-GD80

Proc: Phenom II x2 550BE Unlocked CPU 2 to 4 cores

Graph: 2x MSI 5750

RAM: 8GB 1333mhz, DDR3.

Hello All,

I having Snow Leopard working 100% good and 64bits yes.

Now i having Lion 10.7.2 very bugs and combo update to 10.7.4 crash kext graphic caard and network card

having kext wizard install graphic card and network card now working good and graphic card working 3D games and

network card work good only say unplugged cable :S:S to snow leopard work cable internet and lion say unplugged cable.

IOFamilyNetwork

IOUserNetwork

lion174.jpg

This to by boot failed and error think that problem

And i have 1 hour game bad piggins on lion 10.7.4 later 1 one hour and kernel panics WOW :D i know these 10.7.4 is testen

• 2 weeks later...

Once again thanks for the tutorial. Now fully working on 10.7.4 on the Desktop Specs in my signature. Finder can be a bit strange at times but just relaunch it and its fine.

Sound needed VoodooHDA

Wireless needed DSDT fix ( Thanks to LatinMcG )

That was it.

lionamd.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the same with that. Specs below. Followed method 2. Worked like a charm. Only had to install the nvidia drivers, since native support didn't work for me. Upgrade went ok. I'm currently using the the kernel from AnV with the 32bit finder.

Confirmed for:

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T OCed to 3.85ghz

Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 - Audio worked with Voodoo 2.7.61 i think?

4 x 2 Gig G.Skill ram

4 x 1 TB WD Black Sata 3

ASUS GTX570 1.5gig

ASUS PCI-N13 wireless (ralink RT2860 - used leopard driver, still worked)

Devout - Thanks for the guide, its was really easy to follow. I've even tried the 3 method for fun, had little trouble with virtual box. still working on it.

Working on AMD 64 Athlon x2

But no mouse, it boots to the welcome screen but the mouse is not moving any help?

I've tried the "USBLegacyOff = Yes" but nothing :/

SOLVED installed ###### from another partition and change my Org.chameleon.boot.plist user kernel cache to yes and im using lion now thank you :)

I'm the same with that. Specs below. Followed method 2. Worked like a charm. Only had to install the nvidia drivers, since native support didn't work for me. Upgrade went ok. I'm currently using the the kernel from AnV with the 32bit finder.

Confirmed for:

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T OCed to 3.85ghz

Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3 - Audio worked with Voodoo 2.7.61 i think?

4 x 2 Gig G.Skill ram

4 x 1 TB WD Black Sata 3

ASUS GTX570 1.5gig

ASUS PCI-N13 wireless (ralink RT2860 - used leopard driver, still worked)

Devout - Thanks for the guide, its was really easy to follow. I've even tried the 3 method for fun, had little trouble with virtual box. still working on it.

Thanks :3 I try making my guides VERY easy to follow. The third method is difficult but can be done. Additionally if you know how to attached physical partitions to the VirtualBox, then you'll be able to install directly on the partition from within VirtualBox, but this is not very easy and I didn't want to include this in the guide since the methods that I have written up seem to cover the most reasonable options.

I don't use Hackintosh Machines anymore unfortunately, I'm using all genuine products. :D

- Devout

I will update guide to Mountain Lion, when there is a kernel. -Goodluck guys!

Continue to PM me if you need help! :) I will reply as fast as possible. I don't check this topic often, but I will get email notifications from your PM's.

Hello, I followed the iAtkos L2 method, and got my system working pretty well. The only thing not working, as far as I can tell, is sleep.

My setup is as follows:

-OS X 10.7.4

- AMD Phenom II X4 965

- ASUS M4A77TD (not Pro) motherboard (used AppleATiATA kext to get PATA working)

- ATi Radeon HD 5770 (works OOB)

- VIA VT1708S (had to modify this kext with my device id)

-Realtek RTL81xx ethernet (using Lnx2Mac driver)

-2 x 2 Corsair Dominator RAM

I know OS X on AMD is never guaranteed, but does anyone know how I could get sleep working? If I try to sleep the PC, the screen turns off and it won't wake again. Also, does anyone else have Finder (DP2) causing a kernel panic shortly after browsing around an NTFS drive (in my case, it's my Windows 7 drive)?

And thanks to Devout and all the devs that made this happen!

Hi!

Try to add to org.chameleon.Boot.plist the kernel flag darkwake=0.

Good luck!

I tried both darkwake=0 and darkwake=1 and it made no difference. It did the same thing under Snow Leopard as well so I'm thinking it's just something that would need to be patched in the DSDT or something, but I don't have any experience with that.

Hi!

My Snow Leo setup sleeps seamlessly with SleepEnabler, without dsdt patches. With Lion, though, it presented the same issue you're experiencing, but i solved it with Darkwake=0. In the end, i found the user experience in Lion without 64-bit support a crippling one, so i'm back to Snow Leopard and very happy.

Are you're system crashing when you put it to sleep, or does it wake, but your display not? If you have another machine, try to see if your AMD one appears on the network when you wake it up.

Hmm, after looking at it through TeamViewer, I think the computer is not actually sleeping. Rather, I think it's just turning off the GPU but keeping the rest of it on. When I put it to sleep, Teamviewer stays connected, although it just displays a black screen. Also, I noticed that the CPU fan goes to max speed.

Confirmed worked for me. Thanks

Lion 10.7.3

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

ASRock 880GMH/U3S3

Team Xtreem 8GB

Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti

Use kernel flag: -legacy -force64 -v npci=0x3000

note: I don't know why If I don't use -force64 I can't open Activity Monitor, OSX86Tools, etc.

Lan: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2053

GFX: http://legacy.tonyma...hp?f=15&t=27459 and http://tonymacx86.bl...xx-and-5xx.html

Audio: try ALC892 and VoodooHDA but not working :(

Here my screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/p7Kq5.jpg

Has anyone else seen this http://osx86.co/f100...d-kernel-t7687/

Very useful, I still can't get both 32 and 64bit apps to work at the same time though.

I'm running an FX 6100

That's the kernel I was using. I couldn't get 64bit apps working either, but I have a Phenom II CPU. Have you tried the sysenter traps patch mentioned in the post?

Confirmed working 10.7.3 on the following:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3

Processor: AMD FX-4170

Graphics card: EVGA NVidia GTX 550 Ti

I used iATKOS L2 V2 by Niresh12495

Dual-booted with Windows 7 on OCZ Agility 3 SSD & OSX 10.7.3 on WD Blue 1TB HDD