• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

spidy86

spidy86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
installed chameleon 2.1 problem solved......now getting stuck at hdd ntfs 3.1 option

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh
I can confirm AMD Phenom II 965 and Asus M4A785TD-V EVO working :)
Everything worked instantly out of the box, only the xpchelper crash was a little problem.

new2hacintosh

new2hacintosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Here is the Finder.app extracted from Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 2. It has 32 bit support, so you can use it with the AMD kernel for Lion. Copy it to /System/Library/CoreServices. Make sure to repair permissions using Disk Utility before rebooting.

I booted into my Snow partition and moved the finder.app file to my iAtkos partition's /System/Library/CoreServices folder...then repaired permissions thru Disk utility like the instructions said. I then rebooted into my iAtkos partition finder now works. I could then get into my Snow partition and install the nic driver from one of the folders where the driver file was located. Now everything works great.

In the FAQ section someone asked:

Is it possible to replace mach_kernel and finder in Windows?
Your response was yes they could....wouldn't they need to repair permissions after that?? Just wondering.

I can confirm that It works on a Biostar A780L motherboard using an AMD X3 720 BE (that is unlocked to a quad core X20) running at 3.2 GHz

new2hacintosh

new2hacintosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
The OS installed by following this guide has worked very well. The only thing I cannot get it to do is boot into OS X without typing -legacy -v npci=0x3000 everytime. Is there a way for me to not have to type it EVERYTIME I want to get into the OS then it would be even better!!

If I boot into my SL partition and change the boot.plist file by choosing the iAtkos partition, some of the changes work and some of them don't. The first pic shows what my bootplist looks like now. I added the line npci=0x3000 by editing the bootplist in SL then repairing permissions thru disk utility. If I take out the npci=0x2000 line and leave the npci=0x3000 by itself it hangs on bootup. Even though I added the line npci=0x3000 in the bootplist I still have to type the bootflag to get into the OS. If I don't type it the screen looks like the second pic which is some sort of graphics hieroglyphics. If I add the flag legacy=yes to the bootplist by editing thru the SL partition then the system hangs during bootup also. Any and all information/assistance to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

ArZuGi

ArZuGi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.
I can Use Method.2 for my PC [ fx4100 + M5A88-V EVO + WD Blue 320G + 5770 + 4G/1333 ] it work.
But bootup very slow and osx mouse pointer move very very slow.
I don't install anything out of Method.2 ->Step 1->Step 2->Step 3->Step 4.
How to fix it .Help me please.

I hop you understand . :huh: I'm little in Eng. :(

Kernel: v4, v5, v6 and voodoo 9.0.26.

Edited by ArZuGi, 03 July 2012 - 03:02 AM.

Devout

Devout

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

The OS installed by following this guide has worked very well. The only thing I cannot get it to do is boot into OS X without typing -legacy -v npci=0x3000 everytime. Is there a way for me to not have to type it EVERYTIME I want to get into the OS then it would be even better!!

If I boot into my SL partition and change the boot.plist file by choosing the iAtkos partition, some of the changes work and some of them don't. The first pic shows what my bootplist looks like now. I added the line npci=0x3000 by editing the bootplist in SL then repairing permissions thru disk utility. If I take out the npci=0x2000 line and leave the npci=0x3000 by itself it hangs on bootup. Even though I added the line npci=0x3000 in the bootplist I still have to type the bootflag to get into the OS. If I don't type it the screen looks like the second pic which is some sort of graphics hieroglyphics. If I add the flag legacy=yes to the bootplist by editing thru the SL partition then the system hangs during bootup also. Any and all information/assistance to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you should repair if you replace the finder.app, always repair when editing system files.

And. to answer this question: No you don't need to type that in everytime. In your boot.plist just add these flags in the kernel flag key like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-legacy -v npci=0x3000</string>

Hi.
I can Use Method.2 for my PC [ fx4100 + M5A88-V EVO + WD Blue 320G + 5770 + 4G/1333 ] it work.
But bootup very slow and osx mouse pointer move very very slow.
I don't install anything out of Method.2 ->Step 1->Step 2->Step 3->Step 4.
How to fix it .Help me please.

I hop you understand . :huh: I'm little in Eng. :(

Kernel: v4, v5, v6 and voodoo 9.0.26.

It's because QE/CI is disabled, list your graphics card.

iceblade112

iceblade112

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Alright, after months, I solved the can't mount problem.
Now, I just need help with 'Waiting for root device'.
I'm using Phoenix Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00 as my BIOS and I can't find anything with AHCI.
(seems like my BIOS changed :P, I used to see the little tabs on the top, now just buttons going down with keyboard)

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh

Alright, after months, I solved the can't mount problem.
Now, I just need help with 'Waiting for root device'.
I'm using Phoenix Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00 as my BIOS and I can't find anything with AHCI.
(seems like my BIOS changed :P, I used to see the little tabs on the top, now just buttons going down with keyboard)

Change your HDDs SATA mode to AHCI, not IDE. This works every time :P

iceblade112

iceblade112

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Uhm... which tab? I didn't see anything.
(yes, my bios changed :o)

spidy86

spidy86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I installed with method 2: i have working SL 10.6.8, this i my config:

Mobo: AMD 890GXM-G65, BIOS - v1.13, mfg: MSI
Proc: PhenomII X4 955, 3.2GHz,
Graph: PCI ATI Radeon HD 4350, 512MB DDR2 (mfg: MSI)
Audio: Realtek ALC889 Chipset, 7.1
N/W: Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111DL, works OOTB
RAM: 2GB, DDR3
HDD: Seprate HDD for Windows7 and SL

Mac OS: SL retail+10.6.8 booting with Chameleon flawlessly

Here's where im stuck for Lion:

Posted Image

KAMDER-OSX

KAMDER-OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:programming plugins , OSX86 , metal detectors , electronic , bike , films

I installed with method 2: i have working SL 10.6.8, this i my config:

Mobo: AMD 890GXM-G65, BIOS - v1.13, mfg: MSI
Proc: PhenomII X4 955, 3.2GHz,
Graph: PCI ATI Radeon HD 4350, 512MB DDR2 (mfg: MSI)
Audio: Realtek ALC889 Chipset, 7.1
N/W: Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111DL, works OOTB
HDD: Seprate HDD for Windows7 and SL

Mac OS: SL retail+10.6.8 booting with Chameleon flawlessly

Here's where im stuck for Lion:

Posted Image

HELLO , put all off your kext (ata support and more ) in S/L/E do not use E/E for loading kexts , (remove kexts from EXTRA ) , and repair permissions with MYhack with your leopard partition .** also use the last chameleon boot loader , download and install it on your lion partition or more safely in your usb key with chameleon wizard **

spidy86

spidy86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Removed all kexts from E/E................downloaded myhack and repaiired permissions ......

just wanted to know .....
1. can i repair permissions from disk utility of snow leopard
2. also chameleon 2.1 is already installed in snow leopard.....is it necessary to install in lion partition.

KAMDER-OSX

KAMDER-OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:programming plugins , OSX86 , metal detectors , electronic , bike , films

i downloaded myhack and repaiired permissions ......just wanted to know .can i repair permissions from disk utility of snow leopard
also chameleon 2.1 is already installed in snow leopard.....is it necessary to install in lion partition.

disk utility repair permissions can work , but this is an original apple tool , i think the permissions settings (x----r---w---w......) are only optimized for a real mac , "kext wizard" it's good tool for repair also , YOU MUST create a chameleon boot disk on usb key , if you have internet on your leopard , use the program "chameleon wizard" to install the last boot loader on your HFS journalized formated usb key , i have maked my boot key with this , and it worked , see the iatkos l2 thread (on web ) how to.

but if you have cham. r1730 no gui it can boot , i never tested , if it boot no need to install in lion partition

for me:
1 : i installed the last chameleon in lion partition
2: i have reinstalled my leopard chameleon on leo partition (more old realease off chameleon but it active full QE/CI with no bugs)
3: i use the usb key with the last chameleon if i want to boot in lion , if i remove it , the system boot direct to SL 10.6.8

dextructor

dextructor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks to this guide and some Google searchs I finally have installed Lion im my old PC here are the specs

AMD Opteron 170
Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLi
4GB Corsair Platinum Edition
nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 256MB by evga
nForce 4 Lan 10/100/1000
ALC850
RT2571 USB wireless b/g

Since is experimental this kernel I have some unstable applications and other issues. I'll update to 10.7.4 later and post the results.

Greetings from Brazil!

KAMDER-OSX

KAMDER-OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Thanks to this guide and some Google searchs I finally have installed Lion im my old PC here are the specs

AMD Opteron 170
Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLi
4GB Corsair Platinum Edition
nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 256MB by evga
nForce 4 Lan 10/100/1000
ALC850
RT2571 USB wireless b/g

Since is experimental this kernel I have some unstable applications and other issues. I'll update to 10.7.4 later and post the results.

Greetings from Brazil!

hello i think this is not a good idea if you want to update to 10.7.4 , it's not worked for me , and i have to reinstall
!!!!!

edit : update 1074 work only with the last bronzovka kernel for me , with olders versions off kernels (v4, v5 ...) i have kext loading fails

Cpt Klink

Cpt Klink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Well i got Lion working on my system. (Specs in Sig) and so far actully i have had less problems with Lion then i have with Snow Leopard Just still can't get my sound to work for my ALC892 and the patched appleHDA way but does work with voodooHDA but sounds kinda crappy anybody have a clue as to what kexts i should be trying with my sound?

KAMDER-OSX

KAMDER-OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
DEXTRUCTOR: Since is experimental this kernel I have some unstable applications and other issues. I'll update to 10.7.4 later and post the results.

success update to 10.7.4 , i just use the last kernel from rawX86 based on brovozka kernel (9.6 MB) (and replaced the finder with dp2 !!!), almost perfect , the only big problem is for playing flash and streaming movies on web (html5 works better but bugs subsist ) , all web players crashes after 10 seconds when i remove the sound kexts (no sound device) , and it work with very very slow frame rate with sound enabled (i have QE/CI OK) , no flash problems on snow leo 10.6.8
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: big problem resolved , the streaming is due to bad permissions off a sound settings folder (library/pref/audio)
(this bad permissions make AudioMidisetup.App not responding ... )

this is a sound issue !!!!!!! and the problem appear on the video <_< very strange .......BUT FIXED !

Over

Over

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Excuse my bad English

I see many asking for the error "Still waiting for root device". For me it was just the kernel !!!! No AHCI or else ...

This one doesn't work for me "AMD kernel 10.7.4 for all AMD processors" source and dev. Bronzovka aka Dmitrik from forum applelife.ru and cause the Still waiting for root device after many errors at load.

I'm on Crosshair V with Phenom X4 955 Black Edition.

If you are sure to be with AHCI in Bios try another Kernel, that can be save you time :)

Over

KAMDER-OSX

KAMDER-OSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Excuse my bad English

I see many asking for the error "Still waiting for root device". For me it was just the kernel !!!! No AHCI or else ...

This one doesn't work for me "AMD kernel 10.7.4 for all AMD processors" source and dev. Bronzovka aka Dmitrik from forum applelife.ru and cause the Still waiting for root device after many errors at load.

I'm on Crosshair V with Phenom X4 955 Black Edition.

If you are sure to be with AHCI in Bios try another Kernel, that can be save you time :)

Over

if you install iatkos l2 make sure you have selected your ahci driver in installation customisation , and i think you need to update your system to 10.7.4 if you want to use this kernel with no errors , if you use 10.7.2 or 10.7.3 you may use olders kernels (v4 ..)

user_hostile

user_hostile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Mobo: Dell 0GK1k2, BIOS - v1.13, mfg: MSI
Proc: Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz, BIOS Dell vA06
Graph: PCI ATI Radeon HD 5450, 1GB DDR3
N/W: VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter
HDD: Virtual Drive.

It works, but not stable. Mouse is sluggish. Straight VGA; DP2 Finder can be a little cranky. Running 4 CPUs for the heck of it. A lot of times will be entering text in a box and the window freezes. If I try to open up a picture, an icon opens up at the bottom and bounces, but clicking on it does nothing to change the state. Other things include the hard drive icon not showing up until DP2 Finder is launched (unlike its presence in SL).

Took me probably three days to get this working; required Googling till my fingers were numb. But now I've got a much better feel for what's going on here; blunt force iterating-it-to-death is usually the best way to know the in's and out's of the system.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AMD, Lion, 1073, Guide, Kernel

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy