[Solved]Weird Black screen issue[Solved]

80 posts in this topic

Maybe. Maybe not. If you leave the computer sitting and running for a while, will it have a random kernel panic or does it always happen when you are doing something? If it does it by itself, maybe leave it running for a while with the wireless dongle out and see if it still panics after a while. I can't answer. I don't have enough info.

Maybe. Maybe not. If you leave the computer sitting and running for a while, will it have a random kernel panic or does it always happen when you are doing something? If it does it by itself, maybe leave it running for a while with the wireless dongle out and see if it still panics after a while. I can't answer. I don't have enough info.

This issue would generally occur when I am doing something, For eg: I was trying to download a wallpaper(as you could see above).

Does it only happen when you are doing an internet operation? If so, then there is a really good possibilty that it is the wireless.

In summary:

1. App Store: pretty sure you need an ethernet card

2. Kernel panics: if they continue and you can decide that they have something to do with internet usage, you might want to find a different dongle that has a newer driver. Suggest going to the Wiki, Lion components, and looking at the compatible wireless devices. There are several USB devices listed along with what it takes to make them work.

3. You should be able to boot without any boot flags now that booting is stable. But the minute something starts to happen, boot using -v so that the problem can be revealed.

4. Whenever you perform an OSX update (like 10.7.4 which is coming soon), it will install a kext in /System/Library/Extensions named AppleHDA.kext. To prevent a kernel panic, you must delete that kext before you reboot after the update.

• Like 1

Okay, I will purchase an ethernet card soon and continue. Till then, I'll manage with this almost working hackintosh. :D

rlf, YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS!

Thanks a lot for adopting a patient approach and answering all my stupid queries. Without your efforts, I wouldn't even have been able to boot the Installation disk ! :superman: :thumbsup_anim: :guitar: :thanks_speechbubble:

• Like 1