MSI GX660 Lion Progress Thread - 10% (Radeon 5870m)

5870 mobility radeon msi laptop gx660

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

devBrian

devBrian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Trying to log my progress here. If you have this laptop or a similar one (ASUS G73 etc) feel free to post your methods for getting things to work here.

Here's MY GX660's specs:

Intel i5 460m 2.53ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 5870m 1GB

Here's how I've fared so far:
  • Successfully booted iATKOS L2 installer on a USB stick using another USB stick with Chameleon - can not boot Lion retail disk with ###### or Chameleon USB.
  • Installed barebones iATKOS - get PCI Configuration Begin error
  • Fixed PCI Config error by placing these kexts in E/E using the iATKOS installer Terminal
  • Still could not boot - would get to the Apple screen and then the screen goes crazy, or turns white.
  • Deleted all graphics kexts, but no change here. Tried with GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes, no change.
  • Eventually got to the desktop using GraphicsEnabler=No, however, can not get past the message DSMOS has arrived when using Yes. Tried ATY_init.kext to no avail. Any ideas here?
Lion's default graphics kexts should work properly with the 5870m, right?

Any tips for me going forward?

devBrian

devBrian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Updated, got to the desktop, however not much further.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5870, mobility, radeon, msi, laptop, gx660

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy