Comcast Blocks InsanelyMac?

4 posts in this topic

So, i've noticed from time to time that when I'm at home (comcast business class internet) Every now and then, I lose access completely to Insanely Mac. I know it isn't just the computer I'm using, cause nothing else on the network can do it either. I don't htink it's the router, cause after a reset of the router, it's still the same result. Only thing that seems to fix it is completely resetting the network, starting with the modem then the router. Anyone else experience anything like this?

When you say lose access what does it show on your screen? Reason why I ask is because there are periods where the forum's database is being updated the forum maybe down for some time. Again I could be wrong because Comcast can be pulling strings from their end although I honestly don't see why they would its not like we're dealing with illegal activity here.

I actually figured it out. For anyone else who wants to know, I had to call up comcast, and apparently in certain markets, they're experimenting with beta options on business-class cable modems where they have some sort of "protective list" in the firewall settings section that they allow and disallow. InsanelyMac wasn't on said list, so they blocked access to it. It's a simple check mark in the modems settings. Sounds like they're getting ready to enforce the next SOPA act, if it comes up.

Probably something along the lines of CISPA or something. But for now, the problem is resolved.