Ethernet connection lost after 7.3 upgrade

daanodinot

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've followed this guide to install Hackintosh on my PC (XPS 410). It works exactly as according to the guide until the upgrade to Lion 7.3. Then, for some reason, I lose my ethernet connection ("Cable Unplugged").

I suspect this has something to do with the Chameleon settings in the "Extra" folder since ethernet does work when booting from the install disk. I've already compared both org.chameleon.Boot.plist files to see if I could find any 'wrong' setting doing lots of trial-and-error but I wasn't able to find anything.

FYI: I'm using a Intel82566MM.kext to get ethernet (there's a download link in step 11 of the guide). Once again, ethernet works fine when booting from the install disk so I don't think the kext file can be the problem... but I'm open for any suggestion!

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've followed this guide to install Hackintosh on my PC (XPS 410). It works exactly as according to the guide until the upgrade to Lion 7.3. Then, for some reason, I lose my ethernet connection ("Cable Unplugged").

I suspect this has something to do with the Chameleon settings in the "Extra" folder since ethernet does work when booting from the install disk. I've already compared both org.chameleon.Boot.plist files to see if I could find any 'wrong' setting doing lots of trial-and-error but I wasn't able to find anything.

FYI: I'm using a Intel82566MM.kext to get ethernet (there's a download link in step 11 of the guide). Once again, ethernet works fine when booting from the install disk so I don't think the kext file can be the problem... but I'm open for any suggestion!

Thanks in advance.

I have no issues with ethernet after using software update and then re-installing the kext's using kext utility (just draged and dropped from /extra)

I really don't understand why it's broken for you. On the bootloader plist theres one line for ethernet:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>450000000100000001000000390000000100000002010c00d041030a040000000101060000197fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

Thats to fix the app store, I dont see how it could effect ethernet after upgrading though...

Honestly I'm stumped, I dont have a clue what to suggest... :wallbash::|

Yeah, I don't have a clue either. Maybe it would be useful if you could pass me your chameleon plist file. If it still doesn't work, the problem is not there. It might also be useful if you could upload the kext files (all the ones in the package you compiled except the nvidia one). This may seem a bit much but I noticed that having certain kexts installed/uninstalled also affects having ethernet or not. Feel free to upload any other files that may be relevant. If we can't find what's wrong, we can always try to replicate what's right :)

Just so you know, I didn't do the kext installing twice the last couple of times I tried. I downloaded the Combo update in advance, updated and then did MBeast/kext install/repair permissions. That said, I had the same ethernet problem before that although I didn't it test it as thorough.