Random freezes and graphic glitches

Monica Melegari

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm running Lion 10.7.3 on a C2D E6300, P5VD2-VM, XFX 9500GT 512 MB DDR3 DVI-DVI

34sl7k9.png

NVEnabler 64 for VGA running ok with QE/QI

Everything is fine except when I open a YouTube video , for example, it freezes the whole desktop except for the mouse and the sound of the video... sometimes it comes back to working if I close the browser quickly, sometimes the freezing persists and even the mouse stop working so I have to reboot it manually.

I don't know what to do, I used to have the same problem at SL 10.6.3...

I think it's relevant to say that I also had this problem but It's already fixed, the graphic glitches looks really similar in both cases: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262001

Ok, thank you and sorry my horrible english.

Try the 10.7.3 nvidia drivers from February 27th.

Select "Quadro", and "Quadro 4000 for Mac", then 10.7.3 in the drop down boxes at the driver download page.

If you're not using a MacPro model identifier, you must edit 'distribution.dist' inside the installer package with textedit and add your model to the list of Macs the installer will run on.

Update Flash.

Ok, I'm going to try the drivers. Should I select "Quadro ODE Graphics Driver" on the "Download Type" combobox?

Should I delete the "NVEnabler 64.kext"?

I'm using a MacPro 3,1 model identifier.

Adobe Flash is updated.

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them.

Ok, It didn`t work... screen goes blank after loading screen (but the system is working in the background, i can hear sounds haha), change the DVI output didn`t solve, enable pciroot=1 or disable didn`t solve, remove nvenabler didn`t solve, boot in safe mode didn`t solve, try different graphic resolutions didn`t solve... chameleon is the newest version 2.1 r1902

run the nvidia uninstaller did solve, back to the beginning...

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them.

Look through the NVEnabler release thread over on the ProjectOSX forums, lots of info over there on how to tweak it.

Or you could try Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler instead.

Booting in safe mode with -x should work, in safe mode the nvidia drivers don't load and so NVEnabler has no effect.

It's weird that safe mode isn't working for you. Unless I misunderstand you.

The problem is not NV Enabler, actually, I've installed NV Enabler because I thought that would solve the "Youtube" problem... but it doesn't matter, graphics enabler, nvinject or nvenabler...

The whole blank screen problem was caused by this QUADRO Driver I installed, not by NV Enabler... run the NVIDIA uninstaller solves the problem after all

Booting in safe mode with QUADRO Driver didn't work... in fact, I had to run the nvidia uninstaller in single user mode

Now everything is like it was in the beginning,

BTW: I just pressed the right button over a youtube video, went to "Configurations" and unchecked "enable hardware acceleration", seems to be working so far... but I think the problem is bigger than just a Flash thing

nope, I'm also a Windows 7 user and I own this 9500GT since 2008, never had a single problem with it... actually it was cheap and pretty badass for games, just finished MW3 and Alan Wake :) also I used to edit movies in After Effects on SL and the performance was great... the only problem is this YouTube thing on OSX, there's no problem with YouTube or any other graphic glitch on Windows.

However, I like to install OSX on regular PCs and make things work, I'm learning a lot... it's fun...

Ok, I solved this youtube thing... but, every time I start listen to music, it goes well for the first minutes but then the sound starts crackling and then stop working completely, the only solution is reboot the computer ): the kext is VoodooHDA 2.7.3, i've tried turn the SSE2 option ON and

change output format in audio midi setup but it didn't solve