Cannot install iAtkos L2 on a BIOS Intel RAID0 Volume

hondy72

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to install iAtkos L2 10.7.2 on an Intel machine (GA-Z68XP-UD4 mobo, i5 2500K, 2x4GB GB DDR31600, GTX 560Ti, RAID0 2x300GB Seagate Sata2). I have two disk joined in a Intel BIOS RAID 0. There are 4 primary partitions, first is windows System reserved, Second is Windows 7 disk system, Third is also a NTFS primary partition, and last partition is HFS+ formated using gparted utility.

I have problems using this RAID volume for installing iAtkos, because in Disk Uility I can see in the left panel only the DVD containing iAtkos installation disk.

I mention that in boot screen I can see all NTFS drives + DVD drive.

The installation disk is OK, I used for a Virtual Box installation which is working very well, but now I need to build a dualboot machine.

Any help is appreciate!

Thank you.

I found an article that recommended going to BIOS and setting RAID settings to AHCI:

1. Make sure your Hard Drive is connected to SATA nr. 1

Next Step depends on your BIOS Type and Version:

Option 1. Go to "Intergrated Peripherals" -> Set "SATA RAID/AHCI mode" to "AHCI" (the options are usually: RAID, AHCI and Disabled)

Option 2. Go to "Intergrated Peripherals" -> "On-Chip ATA Devices" -> "RAID Mode" -> Select "AHCI"

OK, I saw that article, too.

I tried 2 days ago option 1. But setting XHD to AHCI, the only result I cann get is losing my RAID volume. So, this option is not acceptable.

Also, option 2 is not applicable for my motherboard, there's no "on-chip ATA devices" in my BIOS (GA-Z68XP-UD4 original firmware v F5).

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem, my motherboard is a P5VD2-VM

I change the CMOS settings from "SATA" to "RAID", "AHCI" didn't work for me... Anyway, try all the options you have

If any of this didn't work, you'll have to edit the DMG file of iAtkos L2 and insert some compatible kext.

Actually I believe the boot partition (Chameleon boot loader and /Extra folder hierarchy) can be on a RAID volume? Don't take my word for it, investigate.

What you can do now is build your Lion installer on a flash drive - if you have access to a Mac or working Hackintosh.

Keep experimenting with it until it'll boot into the Lion installer. Any 8GB flash drive is fine. There are tons of guides, they're all pretty much the same. Even people who use real Macs use this method to do a clean install of App Store bought Lion - although of course they don't install Chameleon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was trying to figure out what went wrong with my install... had a fine working iAtkos L1 install (same problem attempting to istall L2 though) that wouldn't boot after I configured the BIOS and setup RAID0 with two SSD's on Windows 7. Just confirming the problem with having Lion on a 3rd drive, not apart of the RAID array. As long as the BIOS is set to RAID even though it's not a part of the array, it will no longer work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...