• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

palz

palz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I recently got my nForce ethernet card to work on iATKOS L2 (I copied IONetworkingFamily.kext and nForceLAN.kext from an S3 install and patched with Kext Utility). Let me explain: before, web pages wouldn't load but in System Prefs it'd tell me that I was connected, and it even gave me my LAN IP (10.0.0.12-- but it wouldn't let me connect to the router settings site, 10.0.0.1)-- keep in mind that iATKOS L2 doesn't even advertise to have an nForce ethernet driver in the first place-- and it was really frustrating. So you can imagine how annoying it was to have the network stop working randomly (by stop working I mean it wouldn't load any web sites but it still said I was connected in System Prefs).

Anyone else having the same problem?

tl;dr: my nForce ethernet driver stopped connecting to the internet after a short amount of time while still telling me I was connected.

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
Here is a beta kext that claims to work on nForce: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2592

palz

palz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I'm on 10.7.2, but I'll try it anyway.

palz

palz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Ok, it works, but kernel panics a lot, during the update to 10.7.3. I'll try to find an offline version of the update to install, and try then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nforce, iatkos, l2, 10.7.2, ethernet, network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy