Need a little help to finish my own DSDT.

clownnut

29 posts in this topic

Samsung Q430. with lion 10.7.3 installed

extract the dsdt under windows 7

i got all the errors out of the way.

only 2 warning i cant seem able to fix it.

5878 Warning Result is not used, operator has no effect

5891 Warning Result is not used, operator has no effect

DSDT.jpg

thanks

line 5878 Or (TMRD, TMPV, TMRD)

line 5891 Or (TMOR, TMPV, TMOR)

thank you. :)

now, i finish the DSDT. installed.

i still have couple things that's not working.

sound, under windows. it has HD ID 14e4 0269, which version of voodoohda should i install?

wifi, i have BCM 4717, as far as i know it doesn't supported. i will try to switch out the wifi card to atheros 9285.

now here's the most important issue.

when i have 10.6.8 the system run smooth. no issue.

but i i am up to 10.7.3, i have issue with it restarting each time i try to restart or get into the the system. and it also reset the achi mode back to auto instead of manual enable. so i have to get into the bios each time, to readjust the achi mode but after that. it will run fine.

thats alc269 i believe. u can use voodoohda.kext (2.7.3 for lion and up. 2.7.2 for snow) or patch your applehda with hda wizard tool. (or look at the pin config guide)

the bios changing the settigns is likely RTC needs patch from 0x08 to 0x02 (dsdt editor has a patch for easy fix .. dsdtse isnt as up to date)

or a binary AppleRTC patch (the kext) for reset to stop :P

post your dsdt in a .zip (right click dsdt.aml and compress)

the wireless ar5b95 is id 2B ( not natively in info.plist id 2B missing) .. do u need a half size ?

id 2A is better. O.O.B. = AR5B91 and linux likes atheros OOB too. (unlike BCM94321MC needs driver firmware dload and not many 1/2 size)

( im out for onsite ill check in later)

thats alc269 i believe. u can use voodoohda.kext (2.7.3 for lion and up. 2.7.2 for snow) or patch your applehda with hda wizard tool. (or look at the pin config guide)

the bios changing the settigns is likely RTC needs patch from 0x08 to 0x02 (dsdt editor has a patch for easy fix .. dsdtse isnt as up to date)

or a binary AppleRTC patch (the kext) for reset to stop :P

post your dsdt in a .zip (right click dsdt.aml and compress)

the wireless ar5b95 is id 2B ( not natively in info.plist id 2B missing) .. do u need a half size ?

id 2A is better. O.O.B. = AR5B91 and linux likes atheros OOB too. (unlike BCM94321MC needs driver firmware dload and not many 1/2 size)

( im out for onsite ill check in later)

thank you for the reply.

i am looking at the half size one.

about the voodoo.

which version???

i have

or is the had wizard better?

which one will less likely to give KP?

if u use voodoohda 2.72 for snow... 2.7.3 for lion.

u need hdadissabler also so u get no kp.. or rename HDEF to AZAL in dsdt.

AR5B91 from vaio's work and theyre cheap.

thanks.

i just rename the HDEF to AZAL under the dsdt. will see if that do the tricks.

yeah, the vaio one are cheap, just order one for $5. :thumbsup_anim:

thanks for the help.

• Like 1

when u get card we can rebrand in dsdt the subvendor to 0x8F (apple for ar928x) with dsdt ar9285 fix minus device id as it has 2A in card.

(by the way if card is listed in airport and no signals .. tape pin 20 )

need to find it in ioreg so i can tell u where to put _DSM id injection

interesting

now when i boot up i saw "pciroot uid value was not found, using 0, if you want the value as 1 please use pcirootuid flag"

then this.

photo-2.jpg

i tried pcirootuid=1, it still show

"pciroot uid value was not found, using 0, if you want the value as 1 please use pcirootuid flag"

the voodoo cause this??? but that's the only thing i did, was install voodoo 2.7.3...

boot with -v pcirootuid=1

photo-3.jpg

got the new card today, installed. boot into windows. make sure the computer find the new hardware. which it did.

so trying to reinstall lion. the boot taking a looooooooooooong time. 4-5 mins. with old wifi/bt card take less than 1 min to boot into the apple installation screen. once boot into installation screen (where you pick language) the mouse wont work, you can move it but cant click. after about 10 mins then it works. once finish installing lion. restart. it panic, it show i have to push the power button to shut down. i did. it boot up fine. now come to setup screen. again the mouse can move and cant click . after 10 mins. it works again. i use dsdtse fix up a new dsdt.aml with cmos reset fix, install boot loader and voodoo ps/2. restart. well, it panic again. i have to push the power button to restart the computer.once the computer restart, once the apple screen show up, it just restart again and of course the cmos reset.(so the cmos reset fix doesnt work) so i change to achi mode.boot into lion, now it found the new wifi card. i tried to connect to my network. it doesnt work. quit wifi setup and try a few more time, still no luck, i think fine, let's install 10.7.3 update.maybe that will fix it. here's the funny thing. halfway through the update it found my network and connect to it automaticly... finish the 10.7.3 update. restart. no panic. great. no more reset cmos, great. once get into lion. here come the back news. no more wifi. camera doesnt work....

as far as smbios. it show mac pro, under nothing. usually it will say something like mac pro 3.1 or something along those line.

so i install smbios mac pro 3.1 and restart. nothing still just say mac pro and underneath nothing. i checked the extra folder, smbios file, in the file it show it's set to macpro 3.1.

still no wifi/bluetooth, no camera....

ok, took everything apart. put the old card back. install lion. install dsdt. check the camera, work. restart, put in new card. it works great. connect without issue. update to 10.7.3. it no longer show i have any wifi hardware installed....

i am lost.

Under window is show as athero ar928X.

just wondering is there a halfcard that's apple supported with wifi and bluetooth???

u bought 2b id.. normaly its 2A that is supported.. add the 2B to the info.plist of airportatheros40... or do dsdt fix for the device id to fake 2A

have u patched dsdt properly ? (post it in a .zip with ioregistry explorer dump)

recently a few users find the Min Max address range Error in dsdt editor to be bad to fix. (compiled in dsdtse and no error.. boots fine too)

i dont mind buy another one. how can i find out are they the 2a or 2b? i dont see them list them as 2a or 2b at ebay.

i use dsdtse just extract under lion and do the cmos patch. that's it. i dont do anything else. afriad to get another PK, install lion with new card is awfully slow. once installation is done. the system run just as smooth as the old card. but it's slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow with the new card. compiled with dsdtse no error or remark or warning.

i will post the dsdt tonight when i get home. but i am not sure if i get the tool to do the ioregistry dump.

thanks again for all the help.you rocks!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Hi my friend,you dont needed DSDT and any {censored} for Lion.You make only clean install and for full working audio dont use 2.7.3 voodo,this is crab(i get every time KP)i use this version 0.2.53 with voodoHDA helper app installed in Application/Utilities.This work on 10.6 and better,10.7 and better(exept Mountin Lion)