[Solved] Windows 7 can't hibernate.

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have Lion working and Chameleon is set as the bootloader. I boot into Windows via Cham but Windows can't hibernate. I have it installed on one HD.

Here's how I installed it:

1. Installed Windows 7
  2. Install Lion on top of it under a partition.
  3. Boot broke and I got boot0 errors so I had to manually install Chameleon. (I have one of those 4kb harddrives)
  4. So it all works now. When I turn it on boot0 flashes and Chameleon loads.

So what could I do? I am thinking to set the Windows partition active... but then Chameleon wont load and Ill have issues booting into Lion.

Kinda confused. Help?

Ah the joys of MBR, 4k sector drives and Windows requiring an active partition..

This is a known issue. In addition to not being able to hibernate, you will not be able to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

When installing Chameleon, use boot0md instead of boot0/boot0hfs.

http://forum.voodoop...8.html#msg10398

Chameleon doesn't have to be on an active partition.

• 2 months later...

I too have been experiencing the same problem, hoping you guys could help.

Windows 7 won't go into hibernate, it just turns black for a bit then comes back on. This can be annoying if I forget, shut it into sleep, and 10-20 minutes later it goes from sleep to hibernate and just turns right back on.

I've restored the MBR to the default Windows 7 loader, and then Windows 7 successfully hibernates.

I then used a live CD to go into my OSX partition and used Chameleon Wizard to install the newest Chameleon to boot0md.

I then went back into Windows 7, tested hibernate, and it doesn't work again.

I've used Easeus partition master to check if windows 7 is active, but it's status is "boot" so for that reason I can't change it to active. Any other partition on my drive I can change to active.