Morning

smurfy76

2 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone. So i decided to start my project with a hp a1520n. After numerous attempts and frustration and alot of reading and googling i have yet to get this thing to even install. I have tried -v - everything else and i either get the standard cannot find root device or the lovely mo os not yet set. I have tried differ install disks and have access to original but i again no luck so i beg to the hackintosh gods and you guys for assistance. So here are the comp specs..most are standard in the machine except a few things. I read that it is compatible and has been done but cant for the life of me get it to work :(

HardwareBase processor

Athlon 64 X2 (T) 3800+ 2.0 GHz

• 2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)

• Socket 939

Chipset

GeForce 6150 LEMotherboard

• Manufacturer: Asus

• Motherboard Name: A8N-LA

• HP/Compaq motherboard name: Nagami2-GL8E

Memory

Component Attributes Memory Installed 2 GB Maximum allowed 4 GB* (4 x 1 GB)

*Actual available memory may be less Speed supported PC-3200 MB/sec Type 184 pin, DDR SDRAM Hard drive

• 250 GB SATA

• 7200 rpm

16X DVD(+/-)R/RW (+/-)R DL LightScribe drive also have a sata dvd drive if that helps

• Must use Double-Layer media discs in order to take advantage of the DL technology

• Must use LightScribe-enabled media discs and supporting software in order to take advantage of the LightScribe technology

Function Maximum speed DVD-R DL Write Once Up to 4X DVD+R DL Write Once Up to 2.4X DVD+R Write Once Up to 16X DVD+RW Rewritable Up to 4X DVD-R Write Once Up to 8X DVD-RW Rewritable Up to 4X DVD ROM Read Up to 16X CD-R Write Once Up to 40X CD-RW Rewritable Up to 24X CD-ROM Read Up to 40X

Modem

56K bps data/fax modem

Video Graphics

Integrated graphicsSound/Audio

Integrated High Definition audio

• Realtek ALC 883 chipset

• Supports up to 8 audio channels

• Dolby Pro Logic II compatible

Network (LAN)

Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interfaceMemory card reader

• USB interface

• Supports the following cards:
    • Compact Flash I

• Compact Flash II

• SmartMedia

• Memory Stick

• Memory Stick Pro

• MultiMediaCard

• Secure Digital (SD)

• Micro Drive

• XD Picture Card (xd = extreme digital)

External I/O ports

I/O ports on the front panel

Port type Quantity 9-in-1 (4 slot) + 1 USB One 1394 One USB Two Headphone One Line-in One Microphone One

I/O ports on the back panel

Port type Quantity PS/2 (keyboard, mouse) Two VGA One USB Four 1394 One LAN One SPDIF out (coaxial) One Audio (side speaker out, rear speaker out, center speaker out, line-in, line-out, microphone) One Each

Expansion slots

Slot type Quantity PCI Three (Two available) PCI Express x16 One (One available)

Drive bays

Bay type Quantity 5.25" external Two (One available) 3.5" external Two (One available) 3.5" internal One (None available)

Also added is a 8800gts 640mb graphic card which if needed can be taken out