Dell N5110 (15R) support - help needed

ialexdogaru

2 posts in this topic

I recently successfully installed Mac OS 10.7.2 via iAtkos L2, even though I couldn't use my trackpad nor my usb mouse. I did a format of the hard drive via iAtkos V7 (The only one which boots perfectly) and then, using only the keyboard, I installed everything. But when I got it to boot, it gave me a kernel panic: "cpu (3) is failing to respond to interrupts". I tried booting with ignore cache and it didn't go past the Apple grey boot screen, and also in safe mode (-x), which also gave me the same panic. At the moment I can't install Lion in any way, because iAtkos S3v2 gives me, ironically, the same kernel panic L2 does. It's frustrating, since my laptop is really performant and brand new, so I would appreciate any help given :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would stick to Lion install DVD. There is a bootable Lion DVD out there, but it only boots with ###### Legacy boot CD.

I have had absolutely NO LUCK installing, or booting 10.6.x on my N5110 (core i7), no matter what kernel flags I enter. I have also had no luck with latest 10.6.8 update, and have had to install the entire thing via Pacifist (a LENGTHY process, but successful).

I have installed 10.7.2 multiple times, but unfortunately, it only seems to want to boot once, and then fails after adding kexts for trackpad/sound.

I have given up on running OSX86 on the N5110. I am getting a Dell XPS 420 desktop, and this will be my main Snow Leopard machine.