Dell XPS M1530 Install Freeze (PLEASE HELP!)

justananimal32

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have been spending countless hours trying to install my retail copy of Lion onto my Dell XPS M1530. I currently only have Windows 7 installed on my hard drive and am attempting to install Lion onto my external hard drive (specs below), which is formatted as Mac Extended (Journaled). I got the install onto the ####### and I have followed all the steps and guides I could find out there and no luck. Heres what kind of stuff I have been following.

################

I get everything working fine up until the installation of Lion. It will randomly freeze, usually around 18 minutes remaining. I got it down to 4 minutes before at best. I have attempted to use commands such as -x -v -s and GraphicsEnabler=No, yet nothing seems to help. I feel like every time no matter what I change it is completely random on how far it gets in the loading.

I tried the solutions posted here..I tried disabling the SpeedStep in the BIOS along with trial and error on other options and nothing seems to work. I probably have done it 30 times or so.

################

################

I have even tried to install it from ####### running on my friends Mac. It booted fine into ####### and installed it successfully on my external hard drive. It even came up when i restarted his Mac and checked the boot list. However, when I tried to do the same in my M1530, it didn't come up as an option in ########. So I tried ######## and it came up but immediately crashed when I picked it.

My Computer Specs:

Dell XPS M1530

4.00 GB RAM

Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6400 @ @2.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

External Hard Drive Specs:

SeaGate FreeAgent Go 250 GB

If you want screenshots of my BIOS menu send me a message.

Thanks and please help!