G5 late case back i/o to atx mod

akhenamenra

3 posts in this topic

Hi

Just need some advice has any one made a back I/O ATX mod / custom cable for this model? , I've for the from one and was hoping some one with the skills could make one i don't mind paying,

failing that could any one show me what would be required to make one and the schematics required ??

post-460069-0-63685100-1333048881_thumb.jpg

Hi

Just need some advice has any one made a back I/O ATX mod / custom cable for this model? , I've for the from one and was hoping some one with the skills could make one i don't mind paying,

failing that could any one show me what would be required to make one and the schematics required ??

You can go one of two routes....

1. Create a Custom PCB board with all the required connectors. Without getting into too much detail this requires you to take some copper clad board, wiring designs, different acids and a bit of luck and brains to get it right. Not to mention the correct "Side mounted" connectors that apples uses. If this is the Route you want to go user zammykoo and youtube will be able to help. (Zammykoo made his own and youtube has instructions on making pcb)

2. A Faster and more sensible way of doing this would be to Cut off the rear of a stock apple motherboard and soldering wires and connectors to the leads on the back and routing those to your mobo headers. This was done already and you can find the link here: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=11725

I hope that helps any concerns or questions you may have and may I wish you a good luck with your build!

Thanks , would you know if anyone has modded one of these to work with a pc

it has two wires

on the board it says V ---com1 -----V ----com2

each with wires coming from em, would you think it can be possible these can be wired up for internal usb connectivity ?

post-460069-0-91755400-1333292197_thumb.png