Cannot Boot From Hard Disk

TheRacerMaster

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've successfully installed iATKOS L2 on my laptop. However, I cannot boot from the hard disk no matter what I try. In other words, Chameleon doesn't load, and I have to use a USB stick with Chameleon on it to boot into my OS X install. I would see Chameleon loading with "boot0: done," but it would immediately take me to the Windows bootloader instead of Chameleon. NOTE: Windows was preinstalled on this laptop, and it is using the MBR partition table. So anyways, I consulted my friend, who is pretty good with hackintoshing. He told me to make the OS X partition active. I did that successfully, but now I get a boot0 error when booting up. It just gets stuck there, so I have to boot from my USB drive which has Chameleon installed on it to choose an operating system. My friend then said that I probably have a hard drive with 4k boot sectors. I followed a guide on MacBreaker (http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/02/hackintosh-boot0-error.html) to copy the boot1h file to my OS X install from my iATKOS installer drive. However, that didn't work, and I still get the boot0 error when booting up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TheRacerMaster

So that I'm not assuming anything. Is your laptop HDD SATA?

hi..

I usually use the retail one...

but if you can boot from other source, download the "chameleon wizard" and install chameleon on Boot0hfs... seems your boot is looking the boot on boot0 and can't find it

I don't know how and what iAtkos installed previously on boot ..I don't use this distro..

good lucky...

c.frio

may be you should reformat hdd and reinstall osx lion ..>>>iaktos l2 and once installation is finished , boot with usb into your hdd and install chameleon.

is your bios set for ahci mode ??what are your bios settings, please post.

looks like you still have windows boot loader on your hdd, try gui partition .

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for responding so late,

My BIOS is missing a lot of stuff. A LOT. No execute bit, no SATA mode, etc. So I don't really know. I'm pretty sure it's AHCI because iATKOS L2 runs just fine...so I don't really know. And yes, I am partitioned as MBR. I might back up my Windows files and repartition this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...