Intel Core i3 M 330 @ 2.13GHz, 2133MHz, 2 core('s), 4 logics

ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330 with 512MB Dedicated ram

4GB RAM

BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A12

500GB Harddrive

Operating systems:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

Ubuntu 11.10 64Bit

And also i want maybe to upgrade to lion but i readed that the graphics card will not work good

Candisa

Candisa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello fellow-Belgian,

I'm very new to this too, but there is 1 very important thing you have to realize:
You'll have to repartition and format the whole disk, so make sure you have a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium so you can always go back (they say: "If you go Mac, you never go back", but don't forget you're not on a "real" Mac so you will have glitches and issues) or use it next to Mac OS X, and back-up all data you don't want to lose (which is always a good idea).

Also, if this is your only computer, don't do it or buy an extra HDD for Mac OS X so you can always go back to how it was by simply putting the stock HDD back in, because there IS a big chance you'll be working a few days on it to get the basics (like internet) working properly!

Is there any reason you want to run 10.6.6 instead of the latest version of Snow Leopard: 10.6.8? Because that is what I am running on my (still not 100% working) Hackintosh now...

To boot from the Mac OS X installation-DVD, you'll need to make a boot-helping CD/stick and afterwards, you need a program to apply kexts (drivers) and updates properly.
For some reason(???), this forum doesn't allow me to tell you the names of these applications...

Isabelle

Justindelta

Justindelta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I already have an second partition with 201GB
I can backup all my files to an external harddrive, its an USB harddrive
And i have iATKOS S3 v2 standing ready
I want update only to 10.6.6 because i heared from an other forum OSx86.net that if you update to 10.6.8 it will bring an kernel panic so
and also my graphics card could might working on that version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy