Zer0_byt3

Zer0_byt3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Tecnology, IT, Coding, Manga and Anime
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to install Mountain Lion on my Acer Aspire 5920g, which has the following specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7500
GPU: Geforce 8600M GS
RAM: 2x 1GB Hynix DDR2

I made the usb stick containing the needed files to install Mountain Lion (also my patched DSDT, which works like a charm with Snow Leopard), but I'm having a problem:
if I boot only with -v I'm stuck on "[PCI Configuration End]", but if I boot with -v USBBusFix=Yes I get stuck on this error (the one in the screenshot)
Posted Image

I have exactly the same problem with Lion, but I can install snow leopard without problems (from DVD).
I think that this is a USB problem 'cause I had a problem depending by USB also with snow leopard installed on a USB hard drive: snow leopard used to power off the usb during the boot, so the boot used to stop, but i fixed this using the "USBBusFix=Yes" at booting.

I hope someone can help me,
Thank you!

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
Have you upgraded Chameleon to one that is compatible with Mountain Lion? You can get a copy here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=231075

Choose the 3rd or 2nd packages to get the ML compatibility.

Zer0_byt3

Zer0_byt3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Tecnology, IT, Coding, Manga and Anime
I'm already using the svn version of chameleon...
I tried both Chameleon and Chimera, but with no luck: i still got the same error.

Jorge Rivera

Jorge Rivera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
You need to replace IOCPIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform kext's ( 10.6.7) in the installer in order to boot. Good Luck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5920g, mountain lion, usb problem, install, acer aspire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy