Theres no option to change SATA to AHCI

Attackofwow

71 posts in this topic

Hello

I don't undestand what you really want :rolleyes:

Do you want install OSX? Post-installation is adjust everything that you need to make OSX run direct from HDD, without need usb stick...

You need make this to have a hack running well.

Anyway, you're welcome.

I try to see how far the Dell XPS 410 hardware able to OSX, with a regular motherboard it carry the AHCI option to the Bios, so with motherboard have AHCI put OSX is not a big deal. With XPS -410 it carry ATA mode ( I just got it recently) so it it interesting to see how this go.

Mostly, I use this XPS for home file samba server with Opensuse on it, no problem, sometime I got time to test OSX on it. Because it is old hardware to run modern hackintosh.

Thank you for your info.

• 1 month later...

Hello

Never mod your Bios... it'll mess all... just in last case.

Try use this kext drive: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/88335-appleintelpiixata-kext-fully-working-for-all-ichx-mobo-all-sata-channels-working/

Put in Extra folder if you're using Chameleon to install OSX or in kext folder of Clover.

Hi.

Unfortunately the kext doesn't work as I still don't see internal hard driver in the Yosemite installation.

I've put it in the EFI > clover > Kexts > 10.10 folder of the Clover USB Drive

Do you have an other idea?

Thank you!

For example I can connect my internal hard drive to my PC via usb (I have a SATA-USB dock) in order to make the installation recognize the hard drive and than put again the drive inside the PC and hoping that It will boot without still waiting for root device error

Chamaleon doesn't work. 2 months keep trying with no results.

I have installed Yosemite with Clover, the disk connected to computer via USB boots, but when I connect the disk via SATA I got the error still waiting for root device.

I tried the kexts from stillwaitingforrootdevice.zip posted by iFire here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293604-still-waiting-for-root-device/ and AppleIntelPIIXAta.kext (in /EFI/clover/kexts/10.10) but I still can't boot Yosemite from the hard drive connected via SATA.

With the Dell XPS 410, on Maverick and back version OSX, clover work, but not in Yosemite.

You just need the rigth kext on the rigth chameleon boot to make it works. It is not that hard.

So you can try the chameleon again, then you post verbose picture to see what error, then members can give you the idea what is needed.

Thank you for the answer.

Usb

-x or not I got the same error

And even with all kind of kexts!

I made the installer following every guide I found and I got that error every time!

So I decided to try Clover. Now I have clover already installed but It doesn't boot.