DP2 Install: After select language SHUTDOWN because MBR Fix!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
Hi,
i have already installed + running DP1 -
As i tried to install DP2 same way i get an SHUTDOWN (not an KP) immediately after selecting the language in the first OS X install menue.
Someone else also reported same prob.
Any hints?

EDIT: Found out that the shutdown after selecting any language comes from the MBR Install patch for DP2 (.mpkg + Installfarmework) - with orig. the problem doesnt came up but MBR install is not possible.
MBR Install patch for DP1 worked wwith DP1.

cochon

cochon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Mitch, to solve that problem I have to replace AppleAHCIport.kext, IOAHCIfamily.kext, IOATAfamily.kext from LiOn. Here is my configuration:

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3, XFX ATI 5770 video card, 16GB memory.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
I didn't have any trouble here. I had the ML-patched 1827 on my USB stick. Updated over DP1.

I've since updated the stick to 1897 and it still boots OK. When the language select screen comes up, I leave it on English and continue. Have you a RTC fix (kext or DSDT) on the install USB?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts

Mitch, to solve that problem I have to replace AppleAHCIport.kext, IOAHCIfamily.kext, IOATAfamily.kext from LiOn. Here is my configuration:

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3, XFX ATI 5770 video card, 16GB memory.

Have you had also exact that problem after selecting language (doesnt matter englich or other = shutdown),
or do you mean problems in general and so you used that LION .kext (perhaps also in DP1).
i know some MB needs other .kexts like you listed - but my MB dont need any LION .kext for my already running DP1.
I only had RTC fix for CMOS clear fix and as always AppleHDA - nothing more.

flip360

flip360

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I am having the same problem with DP2, DP1 is working perfectly. Boots up, i select the disk to install on and BAM, gives me options to restart or shutdown. Damn apple.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

I only had RTC fix for CMOS clear fix and as always AppleHDA - nothing more.

I don't have a patched AppleHDA on my USB install stick. I have to rollback to a 10.6.8 kext because my xml and plist files won't work with newer kexts for some reason. So I install that manually after the system is up and running.

justgeeking

justgeeking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Pro Audio & Video
To flip360 i see you use asus I'm gigabyte owner... I'm just curious what do you guys use thats equivalent to the KAKEWALK installer that includes all stuff i need... I'm gonna be trying to flip a HP laptop but have to replace the DC outlet adapter on the motherboard before i can proceed... just got the part in the mail...

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
i'm just over apple logo on boot screen and it's go to sleep mode ! Works well on DP1

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing

Hi,
i have already installed + running DP1 -
As i tried to install DP2 same way i get an SHUTDOWN (not an KP) immediately after selecting the language in the first OS X install menue.
Someone else also reported same prob.
Any hints?

You are not alone.I get the same after selecting language i get the login screen with restart and shutdown option.I cannot login.So i reinstalled and it worked.

flip360

flip360

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

To flip360 i see you use asus I'm gigabyte owner... I'm just curious what do you guys use thats equivalent to the KAKEWALK installer that includes all stuff i need... I'm gonna be trying to flip a HP laptop but have to replace the DC outlet adapter on the motherboard before i can proceed... just got the part in the mail...

I dont have an equivalent like KAKEWALK for the ASUS Notebooks, i use an assortiment of kexts and some DSDT fixes :http://osx86.co/f36/asus-k50in-t4409/
As for my Desktop apart from the audio and LAN kexts everything else is vanilla,

Cheers

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts

You are not alone.I get the same after selecting language i get the login screen with restart and shutdown option.I cannot login.So i reinstalled and it worked.

For me some steps before shutdown - already in the first Menu shutdown without any user action beside selecting the language.
I will try also again to reinstall on USB stick.
Not really an problem for me , because DP1 already works and perhaps DP3 / RC1 later works also. I will overstep DP2 install .

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Mine worked fine using my extra folder with DSDT, smbios, boot.plist I always carry over to updates/installs, ErmaC Chameleon branch 1890 and I did NOT use the modified OSInstall file inside the install.framework, because the name of this file was changed in DP2 to just "Install" still located in S/L/PrivateFrameworks/Install.Framework/Versions/A/ and is a different size then DP1 counterpart, so only used the modified OSInstall.mpkg, fakesmc, & nullcpupowermanagment(for usb only, never nullCPUPM on final install), "DON'T PANIC" :smoke:

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
I am using Nvidia 9600GT. As i looked in the /S/L/E i seen that Geforce.kext & GeforceGL.kext wasnt installed. I found both in Essentials.pkg and installed them by pacifist. Maybe that was also an problem.

flip360

flip360

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Success!!!
I used the latest ErmaC-Chameleon-r1897.zip and it installs fine now, mitch_de maybe you could try that version (if not already?). Configuring is the same as DP1 when it comes to the USB installer.

Cheers

Mela quadrata

Mela quadrata

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
I used Chameleon-1897 and also 1820 for 10.8 but I have the same problem...

On my Laptop (core 2 duo 2,53ghz and Nvidia 9800m GTS) after language selection a window give me this message:

Mac OS X cant'be installed on this
computer.

This version of OS X 10.8 cannot be installed on this computer.

Posted Image

I tried to delete the file PlatformSupport.plist from path /System/Library/CoreServices of my install USB Disk, but the problem is the same...

CrazyELF

CrazyELF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I'm haveing a problem with Nvidia gf9800gt 512meg Dp 2 boots just fine but the screens won't load.. I hear the fans kick on but my screens go to sleep.. and don't wake but the system is still running...

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
SO after some investigation about the shutdown if i select any lanugage ( in first menue after booting):
It must be the MBR DP2 patch (.mpkg + Installframework) - with orig. it doesnt shutdown but i cant install on my MBR partitions.

dawntodon

dawntodon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I'm finding the same issues mitch_de. Hopefully this gets resolved or else I may have to go back to DP1.

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing

Success!!!
I used the latest ErmaC-Chameleon-r1897.zip and it installs fine now, mitch_de maybe you could try that version (if not already?). Configuring is the same as DP1 when it comes to the USB installer.

Cheers

I used this and it runs smoothly for first boot and then i get system nanoseconds panic.

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
just hope can install this DP but can't and reason i can't enter choose language menu, just load apple logo and then it go to sleep mode :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy