27 replies to this topic

kratossam

kratossam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:games, iphone and android game development
guys, all done upgraded to 10.7.2. now my laptop keyboard and trackpad are also working. For now i think just Wi fi is not working. I mean it shows up in the system information ( about this mac ) section however, it does not show up in the system preferences.
any leads? any kexts?

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...
Where did you put Voodoo & ACPIPS2Nub at? If you have them in E/E, you should try putting them inside the S/L/E folder and try booting again. Also, are you sure those kexts are 64-bit compatible and Lion friendly? If they aren't, that would explain why your trackpad/keyboard isn't working. I'm pretty sure you only need one of those kexts too. I think they both do the same thing so using them both might be causing your problems. Your USB problem is strange sounding. I think that system will need dsdt fixes to make them work properly, especially if you've tried all the chameleon usb flags without change in their operation.

kratossam

kratossam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
hey gigabyte thanks a lot for the replies. highly appreciated.
the kexts and their locations are as follows

S/L/E - voodooHDA, voodoobattery, atherosL1Cethernet and appleacpipltform installed via kext wizard and removed applehda from the same location and rebuild cache for s/l/e via next wizard

E/E - AppleACPIPS2Nub, AsusHotKeys(thanks to pein), FakeSMC, intelcpumonitor, intelthermal, ionetworkingfamily, nullcpupowermanagement, voodoops2controller. copied them directly and than rebuilt caches via kext wizard ( only this folder).

used DSDT editor and patch file from olarila.com and pasted that new dsdt in Extra folder.

insatlled chameleon with following options checked - restart fix, power management ( PState and Cstate ) and graphics enabler.

things which are still giving problems are - shut down and restart, NO wifi ( though it's there in the system info of about this mac and also wifi signal on laptop starts when i switch it on ) is seen in the system preferences&--#62; network option, and also clock is messed up.

any kexts for wifi/airport??

Thanks once again for all the help.

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...
I would suggest using the newest rev of Chameleon (if you're not using it already) and removing the restart fix in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Chameleon automatically tries to patch in it's own restart and shutdown fixes upon booting so there is no need for it to be in the plist. If that doesn't help shutdown/restart, then you'll either need to find one of the kext helpers or you should just apply a shutdown fix through dsdt.

For system info, I suggest creating and using a smbios.plist. A lot of people have had better performance and hardware stability while using one in Lion and SL. It's not guaranteed to fix anything but it is wise to fake your machine as a Mac, especially for Apple-related services like the App Store. There is a great, user-friendly utility created by janek202 called, Chameleon Wizard that should help you in creating/editing your plist files. It can also download the newest rev of Chameleon and create a standalone installer for you too, assuming you have internet access on your machine. You can get it here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=257464

Tricking your wireless card into performing like an Airport is usually a very tricky matter. It usually has to be a compatible card and sometimes can be tricked into working via kext modifications or helpers. Usually though, most people try to fix it through dsdt if the card is compatible. You should search the forums about your card to see if anyone else has gotten it working.

kratossam

kratossam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
hey thanks,
yes i think so m using the latest chameleon - it's Chameleon-2.1svn-r1897 than too i will download the chameleon wizard which u have suggested and will remove the restart fix when installing the new chameleon.

I have no problem with the system info ( except that there is no serial number ) - I have attached few screen shots of it. The problems which i have encountered till now are - NO wifi, NO track pad ( after upgrading to 10.7.2 ), NO card reader. if there are other things not working than i don't know as i haven't used them yet.

There is a smbios.plist file in the Extra folder though ( attached ). I took it from the Extra folder from this link - http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256729
though i don't know what to write in that plist file ( even if i wish to tweak it).

about the wireless card. I have attached the system info screenshot of it. It shall be great of you if you can figure out something from it. and about the dsdt as i said i created it using the patch from that site ( in my previous post ) and using dsdt editor and have kept the dsdt.aml in Extra folder.

Thanks

Attached Files

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
You don't need to reinstall Chameleon to change the boot config. Just edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in a text editor to make changes. The same goes for the smbios.plist. You may want to add in SystemType=1 into the chameleon config too, it defaults to 0 which is a desktop tower. You can use any number from 0-6 for varied results.

Chameleon Wizard has options to help you modify both the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the smbios.plist. If you're having a tough time reading/editing the bare .plist files in TextEdit, then try using the Property List Editor from SL Xcode. Apple removed it from Lion's Xcode so don't bother downloading a new version of Xcode for it. The reason your serial # isn't showing up is because it's missing from the smbios.plist you linked. Editing the SMserial section to include it will fix that. That is, assuming you want your real serial to be displayed to people like Apple and such, some people keep it anonymous by generating a fake/genuine serial from the Mac model included in the smbios.plist...That's your call though.

The screens you sent don't have any hardware info in them, so they are little use to me. As I said before, fixing your wifi will be tricky but you need to find out your hardware before you can really do that. It's worth mentioning that if you are using a dsdt from another system, it could be giving you problems. Delete it and dump your own dsdt if you plan to use one, using someone else's is dangerous. If you don't have a Linux live disc, get one and run these commands through terminal to dump both a fresh dsdt and your hardware info. These won't work on OS X.

cd Desktop
sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml
sudo lshw -sanitize -numeric > lshw.txt
sudo lspci -v -nn -b > lspci.txt

These commands will output three files on your desktop, make sure you copy them to a USB drive before you reboot the system or you'll lose them if running on a live disc. The two text files hold your hardware information and the dsdt file is exactly that, a clean dsdt.

Lastly, about your trackpad and card reader. You might be better of using a rollback driver from 10.6 for your trackpad. A lot of times users go for rollbacks when Apple breaks something or if compatibility was better previously. Finally, for your card reader. This should be a fairly easy fix with the right kext, I can't remember the name of it but it exists. Google and the forum search function are your friends...Use them more. :)

kratossam

kratossam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
hey gygabyte,
Sorry for the late reply. I got very busy with my games. Anyways i havent yet done what you have suggested, however i will surely try it out once i finish developing the game ( for which i have installed lion ).

Thanks

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
It's ok. I can understand. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy