upgrade to lion

kratossam

28 posts in this topic

You don't need to reinstall Chameleon to change the boot config. Just edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in a text editor to make changes. The same goes for the smbios.plist. You may want to add in SystemType=1 into the chameleon config too, it defaults to 0 which is a desktop tower. You can use any number from 0-6 for varied results.

Chameleon Wizard has options to help you modify both the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the smbios.plist. If you're having a tough time reading/editing the bare .plist files in TextEdit, then try using the Property List Editor from SL Xcode. Apple removed it from Lion's Xcode so don't bother downloading a new version of Xcode for it. The reason your serial # isn't showing up is because it's missing from the smbios.plist you linked. Editing the SMserial section to include it will fix that. That is, assuming you want your real serial to be displayed to people like Apple and such, some people keep it anonymous by generating a fake/genuine serial from the Mac model included in the smbios.plist...That's your call though.

The screens you sent don't have any hardware info in them, so they are little use to me. As I said before, fixing your wifi will be tricky but you need to find out your hardware before you can really do that. It's worth mentioning that if you are using a dsdt from another system, it could be giving you problems. Delete it and dump your own dsdt if you plan to use one, using someone else's is dangerous. If you don't have a Linux live disc, get one and run these commands through terminal to dump both a fresh dsdt and your hardware info. These won't work on OS X.

cd Desktop
sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml
sudo lshw -sanitize -numeric > lshw.txt
sudo lspci -v -nn -b > lspci.txt

These commands will output three files on your desktop, make sure you copy them to a USB drive before you reboot the system or you'll lose them if running on a live disc. The two text files hold your hardware information and the dsdt file is exactly that, a clean dsdt.

Lastly, about your trackpad and card reader. You might be better of using a rollback driver from 10.6 for your trackpad. A lot of times users go for rollbacks when Apple breaks something or if compatibility was better previously. Finally, for your card reader. This should be a fairly easy fix with the right kext, I can't remember the name of it but it exists. Google and the forum search function are your friends...Use them more. :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey gygabyte,

Sorry for the late reply. I got very busy with my games. Anyways i havent yet done what you have suggested, however i will surely try it out once i finish developing the game ( for which i have installed lion ).

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...