Mac OS X Server JAS ?

Keamas

75 posts in this topic

im trying to do an upgrade with the RC1 dvd by np1007 and JAS. the issue im having is after its almost done installing it says there were errors installing the software* right after the french language was completed. Please try installing again. I did select intel combo update since im on intel scary thing is SSE2 is greyed out I just hope I can boot to reg osx now.

*update* OSX original install is fuct! hangs @ the progress bar where it usually flys by and yer at the desktop ... burning a jas 10.4.7 dvd and gonna correct the disk permissions.. im just hoping it was the permissions that got screwed by the server install failing.... will update

yup........ im fuct :censored2: help........

@NeomKOF Yes there is a 10.4.8 server update, I have released it on the demon, it requires a fully working 10.4.7 server install first of course and it is compatible with Intel SSE2 and SSE3. select the appropriate package when installing.

does it work with the JaS 10.4.7 server release (does it even care if who's release it is?)lol...thanks

I did everything like this - 10.4.7 jas install disk, server packages from official server DVD, then JaS 10.4.8 update an then your update from demo. The only problem I have is that Safari stopped working. In log files i get:

dyld: NSAddImage() error

dyld: no suitable image found. Did find:

/usr/lib/libz.dylib: file to short

/usr/lib/libz.dylib: file to short /usr/lib/libz.dylib

I don't know what i can do, I reinstalled safari from 10.4.7 dvd but it still doesn't work :/ Any suggestions guys?

So what can the OSX server do that I cant do on a normal OSX box?

eg: Windows 2003 allows multiple logins whereas XP allows one.

What is the difference?

Worth playing around?

Is Mac OSX Server any better than say, Windows Server 2003 or Ubuntu server?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

I am new on this forum Insane and i am very happy to find nice ppl in here likes to talk about thers knoledge and experience

first thing i want to say a big thank you for JaS with all the good work he has done for all of us use free Mac OS

i am typing this sentence for jaS if you JaS one day ready this

JaS i have few Mac os desktop and server but the server ones is just for Mac hardware

i am asking you Jas if you have any version of Mac os Server x86 plataform

i have boards Tyan dual cpu xeon dual core i wish one day can run Mac server on this boards

if u can help me to make a patch to run on this boards JaS

JaS if one day u make the patch for run the Mac Os Server can u make it for run just MAC

dont make for dual boot

i need just Mac on my server can u make this jaS

JaS this is my email can u send me email please OLDBOY2REMEMBER@YAHOO.COM

thank you Jas and good work

Guest bikedude880

There is a 10.4.7 x86 server DVD floating around, and a 10.4.8 server patch (with the old kernel). All that needs to be done after that is add the new kernel and proper kexts.

• 1 month later...

Link to JaS's post (no need to quote in full)

ok , cool but can you also post service that not work ?

i'm unable to laucnh AFP (always grayed service) service with a clean install of 10.4.7 and 10.4.7 server tools ...

someone report mysql constantly crash ...

Do you have a particular method ?

the only way to have AFP service working perfectly was with my p4p800 and 10.4.6 install and apply server package of 10.4.7

any idea ?

So all the servers are now installed? Everythings fine?

no .

big issue with different services.(afp, mysql, slapd )

Edited by Hagar
removed excessive quoting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so Awesome!

I've got my Server running real stable... but since I switched the Firewall on it brings up a message saying: "Invalid serial number: could not check license because of firewall".

Has anybody had this issue?

Please let me know how you installed your XServers.

Regards

Ron

I have stange problem like not being able to set up a open directory master. I have no problem with a real mac, however ... with some command line should fix those issues.

Xela: Did you manage to get the LDAP v3 Working? I've managed to get Opendirectory working 60% jsut need Ldap and its all running perfect!

Regards

Ron

I am looking to try this out....

I found this "MacOs 10.4.8 server apps. Universal binary. Works with Hack" on demonoid. Its only the apps so around 28 MB supposedly no need to get the whole DVD at 3+GB.

Can't get because of Registrations are closed. :P have to wait till friday :whistle:

Anyone tried this yet? Or do I need the whole DVD?

I know that torrent, it's insufficient, you need the server packages (the whole disk isn't needed to but I don't know any torrent with the server packages only) to turn your installation into a server, but that's only the apps.