Mac OS X Server JAS ?

Keamas

75 posts in this topic

This is interesting.. I gotta get this and see =]

cmstar.. check interfacelift.com its their latest theme.. black or something

Curious question.. Since Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (SErvers) are faster than any other WIndows OS.

Does that means that OSX Server is faster than normal OSX ?

Hello guys :o

I installed kexts Keamas suggested and... everything works (serial is of course needed). So far my web server works, mail sever works (with squirel mail installed). What I love is creating SMB shares with 4 clicks of the mouse ;)

Try it guys, you don't need to install the hole system, after you install those packages system becomes MacOS X Server.

I have small question to tyre which is a bit off topic: what does AGPGart do to your system? I have ATI 9700 on my system, it works with original kexts and Callisto 006, I can change resolution and refresh rates, QE, OpenGL and all other stuff works BUT, I have mouse tearing. Does AGPGart help? I use CRT monitor with 1600x1200 resolution.

Yes I have done it supposedly with this verion of OSX server it should be fairly easy.

didn't test it yet.

btw have anyone a HOW TO for corfiguring a X Server as a Domain Controler for Windows, OS X, (Linux) ?

hi,

how did you patch the osx 10.4.7 server install dvd with maxxus patched kernel?

thanks.

Actually the install of Mac OS X 10.4.7 Server was not a standalon..or a new install..it was just an upgrade to the 10.4.7 Mac OS..

there r some modifications that are to be made to the image of Mac OS X Server..and an upgrade over exisiting Mac OS X 10.4.7 shud work..

u can refer my signature to see how did i proceeded...for the Mac OS X Server installation..

Any Speed difference between OSX or OSX Server?

Robby,

You keep asking :blink: I already answered this question for you on iRC. No, the operating system does not run any faster, it is simply a set of tools installed on top of an existing Mac OS X installation.. It is not like Server 2003 ;P

Regards,

{censored}-x

This is interesting.

Can you please tell me if you did or did not get the OS to install onto RAID.

If you get the OS to install onto a RAID then you have full RAID.

If you have RAID without the OS on it then you do not have full RAID.

Thank if responsed.

No I did not install the OS in the raid as it was not what i have in mind. Hower, i beleive it should becos on the pc you can configure it as a boot device..after you define the chuncks os drives in their bios...,,hmm maybe not becos you got to installl some driver to start up the arrays...I am not sure abt it but wil try later

For the OS is easy to backup... just do a diskimage, save it on cdom or whatever and restore from there. all you need to go is find out the OS partions , then do a ;fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX, the f 'n' (n is your boot partition). fo a write and quite. finally do a fdisk -u /dev/rdiskx and reboot...

For those interested... all function works as advertise .. now i a have 8 disks humming in raid 5...

cheers !

Any Speed difference between OSX or OSX Server?

Well OS X server is running more services than the stock OS, so how can it be faster ?

Cheers ~

well.. not all the service work right out fromt the box ...you have manually correct the file permission speciallty on the creating a user. I have stange problem like not being able to set up a open directory master. I have no problem with a real mac, however ... with some command line should fix those issues. right now i am trying the get the webserver up. Basically the server most almost 80% from the start.. and with manually fixes you can get close to abt 90% which i think is good enough. I more thing is the security issues ...i dun know what has been patch in the kernel ... some i am having my firewall at it highest decom...

Hi xela

How are things working out on getting the OS onto RAID partition?

Can it be done or not?

I know the driver must be there for it to bootup but there seem to be no

way to get the load the driver when bootup.

Thank

Hi,

Have not trying installing on the raid but tried formatting with "Master Boot Record" on a raid paritition but no avail. It only allows one to format "Apple Parition Map".... with this, I dun think it can be boot...

Hope this helps. Cheers

Robby,

You keep asking ;) I already answered this question for you on iRC. No, the operating system does not run any faster, it is simply a set of tools installed on top of an existing Mac OS X installation.. It is not like Server 2003 ;P

Regards,

{censored}-x

THanks and sorry I missed it before