1005HA/HAB Lion (10.7) Guide-Marugby is back!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc
Hey guys,
I know it's been a long time for me posting a new topic. Especially about a Lion guide for 1005HA/HAB/H/HE, etc. The reason why I quit making the guide when Lion first came out was simple: I didn't have enough time to put into it, constant pushing/arguments from the community towards me, and I didn't have the motivation to do it.

Well, the wait is over, my motivation to do this guide has been reborn and I am currently working on a method to get Lion working on these models. It's going to take me a couple weeks because I still don't have a lot of free time, being in school full-time, but I will be putting in as much effort as I can to get this working for you guys!

That's about it, I will be editing this topic as time goes on, with updates and such, and make sure to follow my personal blog to know up-to-date info about the guide at: http://technotalkblog.wordpress.com

If you want me to do this guide, leave a comment below. If I don't get very many comments, then I won't rush to make this guide.

Marugby123
InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,681 posts
Great !!! ;)

Thank you !

vkd

vkd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Great! All success to you! Wish you all the best with your project and can't wait to see the finished results! Viva OS X Lion on 1005HA! Viva!

abigsmall

abigsmall

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:bicycles, chiptunes, languages
Hey Marugby. Good to hear you're still caring about the 1005HAB :). I've spent the past 2 weeks perusing your guide on technotalkblog installing and reinstalling Snow Leopard onto my 1005HAB (reason being I've had 2 hard drives crash on me -_-). I'd be ecstatic if you decided to write an install guide for Lion. Of course your studies come first.. but if you have sufficient free time :D

Oh yeah, and thanks so much for the guide. It helped so so much. And this is unrelated to your guide, but man does the 1005HAB's trackpad suck.

lefferalgan

lefferalgan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, Great news,

With the help of your first tuto i have installed SL on my 1005HA-M...

And if you do this new tuto, it will be amazing.

If you need some help and/or test, i'm here!

Thx

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
Update:

Hey guys, progress is slow. The method I used to install Snow Leopard on these netbooks cannot really be followed to get Lion installed. I am looking into alternative methods (iAtkos L2 and a Boot-132 option, old school, but might be possible) and will let you know when I am able to, at least, boot into the installation. Right now, the installation won't even boot. DO NOT WIPE YOUR NETBOOKS! We might have to utilize the Snow Leopard version of Disk Utility, since Lion restore's disk images in a different way than Snow Leopard.

Marugby123

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
Hey Guys, another update here.

The last 2 weeks have been hectic. I received a bad double-concussion from sports, and my psychological well-being is in question. Thus, I have not attempted any progress on the guide. I might have to take a leave until the end of the school year (which ends in about a month) to restart this. I will update you guys further, soon.

Marugby123

dotbagy

dotbagy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Programming, Networking, Security, IC development
Hi, really awesome news!

It would be awesome to have Lion on our eee's. Please! :-)

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,681 posts
technically, it will be impossible to install Lion on1005HA. Why? Because Lion was compiled in 64bit and AtomN270 (1005HA) only supports the 32 bit.
Even if we can start with 32-bit (arch =i386), the system is loaded in 64 bit.
The only possibility to install Lion on 1005HA it was with the DP1 and DP1's patched kernel, because DP1 was compiled in 32 bit.

Now there are rumors that say that by using some kexts (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext among others) and the Finder of DP1 with GM or official version of Lion + patched kernel of DP1 could install Lion on 1005HA.

I would try to find more information and will keep you informed.

Cordially

P.S: 1000 excuses marugby123 to pollute your topic! :(

CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I would love it if you did this guide. I've owned my 1005HAB for close to three years now and have put OS X on it a few different times over the course of its life. It seems like Lion would take a lot of additional effort to run on this model, but if you're interested and think you can make progress, I would be very pleased to see what you come up with, regardless of the result.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,681 posts
Hi CurlyCarlos

excuse me, I haven't given my news since, so my research couldn't advance much, since the same rumors are everywhere on the web, but without a "real" confirmation or a real "tuto". But I reassure you, I didn't stop there, I used the DP1 Lion to install it on my 1005HA and I can tell you honestly, this OSX is for this netbook! :D And that's why I'll keep looking, but I admit in advance that isn't easy, the trick is to find the files "key" in x64 (like Finder , launchd, kernel) and replace them with the x32 versions of DP1, but this is not an easy task ! ;)

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Hi CurlyCarlos

excuse me, I haven't given my news since, so my research couldn't advance much, since the same rumors are everywhere on the web, but without a "real" confirmation or a real "tuto". But I reassure you, I didn't stop there, I used the DP1 Lion to install it on my 1005HA and I can tell you honestly, this OSX is for this netbook! :D And that's why I'll keep looking, but I admit in advance that isn't easy, the trick is to find the files "key" in x64 (like Finder , launchd, kernel) and replace them with the x32 versions of DP1, but this is not an easy task ! ;)

Any progress? I still haven't gotten to play much with Lion, as both of my computers are 32-bit (yeah, I'm way behind, I know)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy