DP2 Installed, up and running

22 posts in this topic

I just installed lion dp2 using USB disk, things went as smooth as it was in dp1, mostly,

here is what i found in dp 2.

-notes app redesigned, more like iPad now.

-notes app crashes occasionally.

-Champlist.app crashes on launch, kext utility works though.

-safari's loading bar now have a more beautiful effect now.

-sound, networking, qe/ci works

-###### install fails at the end of the installation

Please share if anyone finds something more new. =]

As an addition, my build:

Sabertooth x58

i7-950@3.07GHz

Corsair 1066MHz 3x4GB

Gigabyte GTX460

Can you post a Tutorial how to install DP2? I did the same things like DP1 but after the kexts loading it restarts. I used the 1820 Chameleon.

Yes for me its crashes on installation.

Actually, I just followed John Cash's "A Fast and Easy USB Way to install Mountain Lion".

I used his Mountain lion install kit to create a USB disk, then I copied my dsdt, org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist into the USB disk's Extra folder, and boot! the installation just covered my DP1 install while keeping all files intact.

There was one thing different from the DP1 during install. I didn't have to change the system version.plist to get to the boot screen, may be that will make the difference.

Happy DP2 =]

Actually, I just followed John Cash's "A Fast and Easy USB Way to install Mountain Lion".

I used his Mountain lion install kit to create a USB disk, then I copied my dsdt, org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist into the USB disk's Extra folder, and boot! the installation just covered my DP1 install while keeping all files intact.

There was one thing different from the DP1 during install. I didn't have to change the system version.plist to get to the boot screen, may be that will make the difference.

Happy DP2 =]

Thanks for this. Install worked fine and finally my GTX590 is recognized as a dual GPU card. I've used the OSinstall files from http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2535 here when preparing the USB stick.

I just tried to put my Sabertooth to sleep, garbled strobe light graphics on wake. First time I've even tried on this build, always just let my monitor sleep. Sgt. did you figure out how to get rid of that 2 min hang during boot? Mine does in that same spot yours was/is in DP1/2 and with USB installer, every chameleon/chimera and different DSDT. Killing me cause I just got SSD drive when DP1 came out, so have only ever had ML on it and everything boots super fast except that one spot....urg

Hmm, is the problem it will not go to sleep and turn off the computer or does the problem occur when it trys to wake up? AFAIK the Apple RTC patch I'm using only fixes the CMOS corruption on wake-up problem. After the patch is installed you need to reboot then run the "Kext Utility" to rebuild the system catches and reboot again and run the "Kext Utility" again.

Also what DSDT did you use when building the installer? Did you use your own or the specific one for my MB which I mistakenly didn't remove when I published. It seems to me the best thing would be to put your specific MB DSDT in the install/Extra folder and also do the replacement of the org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist in the install/ Extra folder before building the installer.

BTW, I'm unable to get the installer to boot up unless I use a DSDT...

It can not go to sleep, like, the fans of my computer will turn off when in snow leopard.

In Lion, I can hear the noise of the hard-disk when going into sleep, display shutting off, the the Power-On light blinking, but the fans just won't shut off, and have no response to any inputs. When I attempt to restart the machine, it will sometimes give a message, saying that over clocking failed or detecting overcurrent.

I used the DSDT in the ###### by ###### (Sorry, didn't know the rules), I managed to get through the installer. I don't know how to edit DSDT. On that, I can't find any tutorial using Google. Can you give me some idea on how to inject my Graphics card to my DSDT?

In fact, I haven't been able to put my hackintosh to sleep since 10.7, I still can't put my computer to sleep after several patch attempts.

Maybe it is my motherboard, sabertooth x58 problem?

Did you get correct DSDT file ? Why don't go here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729, grab DSDT patcher from MalD0n, it's has your Sabertooth motherboard.

mate i m also using gtx460 but for some reson i m not able to see the desktop not on installer nor on installed ... what method u used to install and get bypass the black screen i m trying this for like 36hours but i m not able to see installer nor desktop

Did you modified systemversion.plist in DP2 in the installer? 'cause I need to change the systemversion into 10.7 in DP1 to get into the installer, changing it back to 10.8 after install, otherwise, I'll get nothing but a white screen with an apple. But in DP2, this wasn't the case, I don't have to modify systemversion.plist.