• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kelvinafox

kelvinafox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T520. When I select to boot off of the USB drive, the underscore blinks once and then returns me to the boot selector menu.

The USB has OS 10.7.0 with Chimera 1.8.0 as the bootloader.

System Specs:
Motherboard: Intel® QM67
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2820QM (2.30GHz, 8MB L3, 1333MHz FSB)
Memory: 8GB DDR3 - 1333MHz (2 DIMM Slots)
Graphics: Discrete NVIDIA® NVS 4200M (1GB VRAM ) with Optimus™ Technology, Intel® Integrated HD Graphics

trancephorm

trancephorm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Same problem here. T520i, anyone succeeded?

kelvinafox

kelvinafox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I found the solution.

The problem isn't with Chimera, it's with the chipset and GUID partitioning. The chipset that ThinkPads only find MBR partitions using the BIOS bootloader.

On my computer I have the HDD adapter for the Ultrabay (CD/DVD drive slot), therefor giving me 2 hard drives. On the HDD in the Ultrabay I made it into 1 MBR partition and installed Chimera on it and installed Mac 10.7 on the internal hard drive using GUID. If you only have 1 hard drive, you'll have to format a USB device to MBR and install Chimera on it.

I hope that works for you.

kwanbis

kwanbis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
So how does it works on a T520? I have one and I'm thinking of installing it. Did you follow any guide/advise in particular? Thanks.

kelvinafox

kelvinafox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I didn't follow any guide to do this, it was meerly trial and error on my part. I'll try my best to make a successful guide for you. It's going to take probably a week or so but I'm just letting you know I'm working on it.

kwanbis

kwanbis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Wow, that would be great!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ThinkPad, Lenovo, Chimera, T520, Lion, Mac, 10.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy