• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I am trying to drink one bottle of the best beers from around the world, whats your most coveted beer. mine is belgium beer, Hoegarden blonde beer, i drink it while i work on my laptop.... lots of kps i wouldnt advise it.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
weihenstephaner original .. unique flavor that i crave.. smooth very traditional non comercial taste.

too bad abc liquors is slacking around here lately

http://www.crownwine...-bavaricum.aspx

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,536 posts
Evil Twin Yin
Mørke Pumpernickel Porter
Double Stout Green Flash Brewing Co.
Punk IPA
Struise Pannepot Grand Reserva
Weihenstephaner Vitus

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Evil Twin Yin
Mørke Pumpernickel Porter
Double Stout Green Flash Brewing Co.
Punk IPA
Struise Pannepot Grand Reserva
Weihenstephaner Vitus

vitus is good ? i had a chance but passed.

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,536 posts
A fantastic weiss!
News at the pub, I'll test something new tonight!

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
ohh how exciting, i love all thease exotic names. uk beer is just not that good, we have a great cidre culture in the south west something a bit like moonshine but made of apples. i cant think of a single bear/larger that isn't imported from Europe or us.

lets see my bottle top collection tells me i have tried:

tiger
cobra
sol
leffe
supperbock brazil
grolsch
asahi &--#60;japan dry very nice
san migel
budwiser &--#60;uhhh
cools light &--#60;worse then water
hoegarden &--#60;highly recomended
hieneken &--#60;good

things in cans/tins do not count because they suck

look at this

also i wonder where i can buy exotic beer

Edited by Acro_Design, 17 March 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,120 posts
I like this Brazilian beer:
Attached File  cerveja-antarctica-original-supermercado.jpg   277.69KB   7 downloads
It's similar to Heineken, Corona and Stella (Stella is my favorite out of the three) but it's a fair bit stronger, both in alcohol content and taste. But, even though it's a local beer you can't get it in all of the bars here, even supermarkets don't have it most of the time so you have to look around for it or just get lucky. I don't know why that is...maybe I'm the only one who likes it. I hope they don't kill it.

I don't like thick, dark beer, but I'm not a big fan of the watery beer that everybody drinks down here either, Skol and Brahma etc. People don't seem to care about the taste as long as it's cold enough. Truth be told, after a few glasses neither do i, so..yeah.

Because of the soccer world cup in 2014 they're trying to get Budweiser brand recognition going down here. Budweiser is awful.

O/T

I'm not a connoiseur or anything but the best Whiskey I've ever tasted was a "Makers Mark" that a friend brought for me from the US. I'm sure there are better Whiskeys out there that I don't know about but that sure beat the hell out of Johnny Walker (any label). If you ever see it somewhere, try a small glass with ice, just for the taste.

I can enjoy two or three drinks with a strong alcohol content but I can't let myself get drunk on it anymore, my body can't take it, I get completely incapacitated and I have to lie down all of the next day. First sign of old age I guess. lol

So...not too many Caipirinhas for me..

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,333 posts
I can't drink alcohol of any kind, I am a teetotaller.

Only very occasionally I drink a glass of champagne, which seems to work differently than any other alcoholic beverage :D

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,120 posts
Yeah, the bubbles make the alcohol travel faster in your blood stream or something. Can be quite a rush if it's a good strong champagne. It's so expensive..maybe that's for the best :angel:

And thanks for making me think of something that I had totally forgotten - when I was in my 20's I used to like to mix pear or apple cider with white wine, with the right white wine and the right ratio, the effect is like champagne, only stronger.

But it's not a very "manly" drink is it? lol

Please, I know you don't drink but if you ever see a bottle of Makers Mark, try just a teeny tiny glass and remember me. I'll probably never drink it again, I'm sure if I ever see it here in Brazil it'll cost a months wage.

Oh yeah, I lied (actually forgot) about my real favorite beer - my favorite is the legendary and hard to find, Belgian beer "Alzheimer Light"

*yes, now I do remember mentioning that elsewhere*

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,333 posts
About being in your 20's, when I was in my 20's I lived in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and I invented a cocktail. A shot of Pisang Ambon, a small can of red grapefruit juice, ice. Delicious :D

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,170 posts
Hi...

Yes,the beers here in Brazil use to watered beer, but...
I prefer the American one Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ..

about whiskey I tasted a Irish one named "Jameson"
cheers..

c.frio

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
i have now decided to teetotal (weekends excluded) i think it was getting a bit silly having all day hangovers. i like the addition of cocktails to this thread! im gona have to try them out. who cares if its manly just dont let anyone see you drink it ha ha.

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,536 posts
Lately I'm always drinking this beer.
Simply great!

Attached File  hop-head-red-beer-wall.jpg   106.99KB   9 downloads

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
i need a beer right now, the other day i stepped on my laptop, thinking nothing of it i left it alone, realising that i have actually broke the lcd screen i dismantled it rather quickly and have now ordered another.

im glad i can strip a laptop in around 45mins :) though now im considering trying to get hold of a acer 5750g motherboard with the nv chip and the ability to take i5 to i7. its the same board it should fit. just have no idea where to buy one as i am not a company i cannot order one from acer. and god knows how i would explain my rather dubious upgrade idea. like i said i need a beer.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
im gona have to retract my fav beer weihenstephaner original, it doesnt taste like it did 4 yrs ago.. changed. ( just had it and it didnt taste same)

i think my all time fav was golfers choice aka bombers nose.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,333 posts
To all beer lovers: you should visit Belgium. It is rumoured to have the largest choice in the world.

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
i have a friend from there who would vouch for that. you should see the 100 pint challenge they do over there. you have to down them all! it gets very messy

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
Lambics dont get my attention.
did u know back before 1516 lots of peopel died due to reformulation with bad stuff like tar and other stuff to try to preserve beer.
thats why germans used the purity law of 1516.. holland didnt.

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,536 posts
Days ago I had the possibility to taste an important Lambic beer, OMG, It was undrinkable.
The Lambics are rotten beers. :thumbsdown_anim:

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I hate that when you buy a new beer and you have good expectations for it and it turns out to be awful. take a look on youtube for the top 10 worst beers, its so funny! done by some american guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy