• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fa-mas

fa-mas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi, hopeful new osx86 user here. I've gotten so far as to get the Combo Update 10.6.8 installed. But when I go to boot up, it gives me the apple logo and then where it should go to the desktop, I get a black screen instead. Now not a Kernel Panic, it looks like it actually loads, just no video.

Here are my system specs and what I've done.

HP DV6-6100
i7-2720QM w/Intel HD Graphics 3000
8 Gb DDR3
Radeon HD6770M 2Gb

I used i Boot Legacy with flag PCIRootUID=1 to run the 10.6 Retail Installer. It installed just fine. Rebooted using i Boot Legacy without flags and got to run through the setup. Afterwards is where the problem lies.

It's a Sandy Bridge system so I'm running UpdateHelper. Then rebooting using i BootLegacy, again without flags. Ran the 10.6.8 Combo Update. DID NOT REBOOT. Installed 10.6.8 Legacy Kernel. Ran ####### and Installed ########. Then I rebooted. That's where the issue happens.

If I run with the -v flag, everything seems normal, and where it's supposed to kick to the Desktop, It just goes black

I've tried all combinations of boot flags I can think of

-x
pcirootid=1
npci=0x2000
graphicsenabler=no
cpus=1

I can boot to safe mode, but I cannot do anything with keyboard or trackpad.

Anyone have any ideas?

eddiebelfast

eddiebelfast

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have in the past month installed and reinstalled about 50+ times.( just like a lot of others I would imagine). I found after updating I would get probs, I started typing, update.... and each time it worked. Nothing else, just the command .. update.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,034 posts

I'm running UpdateHelper. Then rebooting using i BootLegacy (...) Ran Multi Beast and Installed EasyBeast. Then I rebooted. That's where the issue happens.

I think this is a new record, I've never seen anyone use so many TonyMac tools at the same time. You should definitely go to the TonyMac forums for support.

fa-mas

fa-mas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I got it sorted, turned out I just needed to modify my DSDT to be able to take advantage of the higher res screen in my laptop. I'm posting from it now.

divahunter

divahunter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
had the same problem.....found out all i had to do is disconnect the VGA cable and use DVI only...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy