Enable Bluetooth by default on boot - Acer 4830TG

sP4rK

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

i try to enable bluetooth for my Acer 4830TG by default on startup, as it is disabled and FN-Keys for this won't work.

I think I found the position in my dsdt-file, but it will not activate, if I change the values.

If I start Windows before and then restart into Lion 10.7.3 it is activated and work with an simple edit in the IOBluetoothFamily.kext. So the Bluetooth-Adapter is accepted, but only disabled.

I hope, that someone here can help me out, what I'm doing wrong. I even tried with the _WAK and _PTS, but it won't start after sleep also.

Could not attach the dsdt-file (Internal error 500?), so i attached it some code with some comments of the change I thought it work.

Hope you could help me out with this...

Method (_Q60, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
					If (WLEX)
					{
						Store (WLAT, LANE)
					}
					If (BTEX)
					{
						Store (Not (BTAT), BTPD)
					}
					/* Did not work:
					Store (BTAT, BTPD)

or

Store (One, BTPD)

*/
					If (EX3G)
					{
						Store (AT3G, WANE)
					}
				}

Edit: Ok, I figured out, that the _Q-Methods seemed to be for the Fn-Keys ... But it didn't work either. For testing purposes I disabled WLAN in _WAK / _PTS, but it seems to ignore my settings (after wakeup from sleep WLAN is up and Inet works).

Could it be, that I missed something out to make changes work in my DSDT? Settings for _DSM in UHC0-x take effect, but others doesn't :(

I solved it by myself. For all others, who have problems with this on Acer 3830TG, 4830TG or 5830TG here is an solution:

It seems that the _Qxx sections from the dsdt.aml were just skipped, so I had to use an device-section, which will not be skipped.

I tried different device-methods. Keyboard and mice work, but BT wasn't found anymore after sleep. LID0 device works also, but I think that this device-method will be called very often, so I decided for the battery device, as I hope, that the name of my battery wouldn't be called so many times and BT woke up after sleep ;)

Device (BAT0)
{  

If (LEqual (Local1, One))
 {
	  // Enable Bluetooth device on boot
	  Store (Zero, BTPD)

Store ("SANYO ", Index (PBIF, 0x0C))
 }