1 reply to this topic

sP4rK

sP4rK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

i try to enable bluetooth for my Acer 4830TG by default on startup, as it is disabled and FN-Keys for this won't work.

I think I found the position in my dsdt-file, but it will not activate, if I change the values.

If I start Windows before and then restart into Lion 10.7.3 it is activated and work with an simple edit in the IOBluetoothFamily.kext. So the Bluetooth-Adapter is accepted, but only disabled.

I hope, that someone here can help me out, what I'm doing wrong. I even tried with the _WAK and _PTS, but it won't start after sleep also.

Could not attach the dsdt-file (Internal error 500?), so i attached it some code with some comments of the change I thought it work.

Hope you could help me out with this...

Method (_Q60, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
						If (WLEX)
						{
							Store (WLAT, LANE)
						}
						If (BTEX)
						{
							Store (Not (BTAT), BTPD)
						}
						/* Did not work:
						Store (BTAT, BTPD)

or

Store (One, BTPD)

*/
						If (EX3G)
						{
							Store (AT3G, WANE)
						}
					}

Edit: Ok, I figured out, that the _Q-Methods seemed to be for the Fn-Keys ... But it didn't work either. For testing purposes I disabled WLAN in _WAK / _PTS, but it seems to ignore my settings (after wakeup from sleep WLAN is up and Inet works).
Could it be, that I missed something out to make changes work in my DSDT? Settings for _DSM in UHC0-x take effect, but others doesn't :(

sP4rK

sP4rK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I solved it by myself. For all others, who have problems with this on Acer 3830TG, 4830TG or 5830TG here is an solution:

It seems that the _Qxx sections from the dsdt.aml were just skipped, so I had to use an device-section, which will not be skipped.

I tried different device-methods. Keyboard and mice work, but BT wasn't found anymore after sleep. LID0 device works also, but I think that this device-method will be called very often, so I decided for the battery device, as I hope, that the name of my battery wouldn't be called so many times and BT woke up after sleep ;)

Device (BAT0)
{  

If (LEqual (Local1, One))
	 {
		  // Enable Bluetooth device on boot
		  Store (Zero, BTPD)

Store ("SANYO ", Index (PBIF, 0x0C))
	 }

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4830TG, Bluetooth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy