AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

Trucker MK

973 posts in this topic

Oh then all the fame goes to you. Thanks again.

I got 1 problem however: when I update to 10.7.5, i get aticontroller errors on boot, asking if I compiled the kext with the the correct headers. It gets stuck at usbmc and waiting for root device. Seems it's not compaitable with 10.7.5. Any ideas?

i cant use my 6730m with lvds,please help

i dont know which aticonfig to use and tried some but failed

here is my dump file

PCI ID: 1002:6740

Connector at index 0

Type [@offset 44756]: LVDS (7)

Encoder [@offset 44760]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)

i2cid [@offset 44830]: 0x96, OSX senseid:

0x7

Connector at index 1

Type [@offset 44766]: HDMI-A (11)

Encoder [@offset 44770]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)

i2cid [@offset 44853]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2

Connector at index 2

Type [@offset 44776]: VGA (1)

Encoder [@offset 44780]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)

i2cid [@offset 44880]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

Asus MGM_6730 Whistler M2 XT DDR3 ASID:A40MGM.002$ [/font]

Subsystem Vendor ID: 1043

Subsystem ID: 1d12

Object Header Structure Size: 199

Connector Object Table Offset: 34

Router Object Table Offset: 0

Encoder Object Table Offset: 99

Display Path Table Offset: 12

Connector Object Id [14] which is [LVDS]

encoder obj id [0x1e] which is [iNTERNAL_UNIPHY (osx txmit 0x10 [duallink 0x0] enc 0x0)] linkb: false

Connector Object Id [12] which is [HDMI_TYPE_A]

encoder obj id [0x20] which is [iNTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (osx txmit 0x21 [duallink 0x1] enc 0x3)] linkb: true

Connector Object Id [5] which is [VGA]

encoder obj id [0x15] which is [iNTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (osx txmit 0x00 enc 0x10?)] linkb: false

i do need some help :wallbash:,thanks

Oh then all the fame goes to you. Thanks again.

I got 1 problem however: when I update to 10.7.5, i get aticontroller errors on boot, asking if I compiled the kext with the the correct headers. It gets stuck at usbmc and waiting for root device. Seems it's not compaitable with 10.7.5. Any ideas?

Attach your ATI6000Controller.kext from 10.7.5. I will modifie it.

Trucker, I would like to try if I can patch the ATI6000Controller.kext myself. Could you give me some fast instructions on what to patch, and how to do that? I really can't wait untill 22:00 :o.

God, I'm so impatient :S

Thanks!

Find the Ipomoa personality offset in the ATI6000Controller.kext (You can do this with ATI-personality.pl, go few pages back, there's a link for it). Than open the kext with hex editor and replace the values starting at that offset with my ipomoea configuration (look for it on post #1)

I downloaded the decoder, but I get this:

Bass-Mac-Pro:ati-personality.pl.0.10 basbuur$ perl ati-personality.pl
Kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATI1300Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATI1300Controller
Cannot open otool -arch x86_64 -l /System/Library/Extensions/ATI1300Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATI1300Controller for input

EDIT: Ah, need Xcode, installing :)

Ok, got the offset. 182640.

So, now I should open the kext file with a hex editor? Or 1of the files inside it?

And then replace it with what you posted 2 posts back? Like, just paste those rows together, and start replacing?

Post the output from ati-personality.pl here.

Yes, the file you need to edit is inside the kext, It's ATI60000Controller (without extension).

Open it with hex editor, than search for Find and Replace option. In the "FIND" field, paste the first line from the original ipomoea personality ( you got this with ati-personality.pl) and click "Find Next". You should now have those values highlighted in the hex editor. In the "REPLACE" field, paste the first line of values from the post above than click "Replace". Do the same for all 3 lines. At the end don't forget to save the file.

Edit. Great, I replyed to late, driving and typing takes long time.

Edit 2. You can read on the first post what's working, extended desktop, booting with HDMI/VGA connected etc. If you have the time you can play around with the HotplugIDs (the second two numbers from right to left in each line) . I was planning to fine tune these, but I bricked my laptop and never finished that. Post the results here if you find something new.

Ah ok, indeed everything works fine for me so far. No fuzzyness or whatsoever.

Great tip, thanks! Will let you know if I find something :)

Do you also have a working USB 3.0 kext? For me the entire OS freezes upon inserting a device into the slot.

How's your laptop now? It's working again? :P

Yes indeed!

And I would love to, but with the standard uploader I getan IO error, and with the basic uploader I can't select hidden files... Any ideas?

Also, I noticed that a gradient has like little bars, instead of a smooth transition. Any ideas / fixes for that?