AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

ATI 6650M GraphicsEnabler ATI 6650M 10.6.8 AMD Radeon HD 6650M ATI Radeon HD 6650M mac AMD 6650M custom personality 6650M DSDT patch ATI Radeon HD 6650M DSDT ATI Radeon 6470M DSDT

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Dobro jutro I tebi YuTech.
I don't have any experience with switchable graphics and HP. Have You looked for a moded BIOS for your laptop model? But be careful!
Pozdrav I tebi, danas isto iz Njemacke:rolleyes:

Guest: Bury_*

• Guests
Hi all,
could you help me installing those kext for my Radeon HD 6550m please?
i've tried compiling DSDT but i'm definetely not familiar with this.

This is my configuration
Hp Pavillion dv6-3322el

Microprocessor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5-480M
Microprocessor Cache 3 MB L3 cache
Memory 6 GB DDR3
Memory Max Upgradeable to 8 GB DDR3
Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6550M (1 GB DDR3)
500 GB SATA (7200 rpm)

Which files are needed?
thanks

Úll Mac

Úll Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Trucker,
details uploaded dsdt ,vgabios,connector outputs , edid screen info , perl output.
Using system definition macbook pro 8.1
All from Acer 7741g 354G32Mnkk
core i 3 350m ati radeon hd 5470 1600x900 resolution

If you need any other files let me know.

Thanks,

Úll Mac

Attached Files

Úll Mac

Úll Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Ati kext attached.

Running Mountain Lion 10.8.0 ati 5470 is 512 mb
Not sure if it makes any difference but dsdt was extracted from win7 with aida 64 .

With graphics enabler =yes can confirm eulemur buffer loads with vga connected
Based on the connector outputs I came up with

LVDS 02000000 40000000 0901 0000 10 00 00 07
HDMI 00080000 00020000 0001 0000 11 02 01 02
VGA 10000000 10000000 0000 0000 00 10 02 01

but no lvds .

Úll Mac

Mountain Lion 10.8.0 from app store installed on empty hdd with ###### + laptop support
then ###### with chimera , 8.1 mac book pro , evore boot , fake smc , with and without voodoo hda 0.2.1

With chimera g e= yes Card recognised as ati 5400 series thru vga --- no lvds

With chameleon g e= yes Card recognised as ati 5470 thru vga --- no lvds

Úll Mac

Attached Files

YuTech

YuTech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

if you can't block your hd3000 in bios,you'd better give-up using your ati card,and mod your hd3000 to work better

Hey macsane123.
How could I mod the Intel3000?

Question:
But can't I just tell OSX to not load the Intel3000?
Maybe by deleting its kexts or writing something in the Bootloader.

Dobro jutro I tebi YuTech.I don't have any experience with switchable graphics and HP. Have You looked for a moded BIOS for your laptop model? But be careful! Pozdrav I tebi, danas isto iz Njemacke:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I got my Laptop with a updated Bios and it doesn't allow any other Bios. I already asked in Forum for modding Bios :/
Jebiga.. :thumbsdown_anim:

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Trucker,
details uploaded dsdt ,vgabios,connector outputs , edid screen info , perl output.
Using system definition macbook pro 8.1
All from Acer 7741g 354G32Mnkk
core i 3 350m ati radeon hd 5470 1600x900 resolution

If you need any other files let me know.

Thanks,

Úll Mac

Something is wrong with your dsdt. Check it and attach it again.
I get this kind of output when i open it with dsdt editor:
“OSYSèp
@`¤`J/_SB_PCI0EHC1[‚HRHUB_ADR
Edit
Try each of this two kexts with chameleon bootloader. Attached File  Úll_Mac.zip   217.84KB   8 downloads (with and without GraphicsEnabler=Yes) (AtiConfig=Eulemur)

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Hi all,
could you help me installing those kext for my Radeon HD 6550m please?
i've tried compiling DSDT but i'm definetely not familiar with this.

This is my configuration
Hp Pavillion dv6-3322el

Microprocessor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5-480M
Microprocessor Cache 3 MB L3 cache
Memory 6 GB DDR3
Memory Max Upgradeable to 8 GB DDR3
Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6550M (1 GB DDR3)
500 GB SATA (7200 rpm)

Which files are needed?
thanks

You have here in these 7 pages (not too much to read, right?) the kexts for your graphic card, search this forum or google if you don't know how to install kexts.
Edit. If you want to use it without GraphicsEnabler=Yes, attach your DSDT, VBIOS , ATI****Controller.kext from your OS X version and output from ati-personality.pl, both x86 and x64 (x86 does not apply for 10.8). I'll edit it for you, you only need to install the kext and it will work.
Edit 2. Actually, anyone asking for help, include these files in attached archive with your username.

Úll Mac

Úll Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Trucker , try this dsdt .Should be able to read properly now.

Will try your kexts later and let you know how it goes.
Does it matterwhich chameleon I use with them?

Úll Mac

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Does it matterwhich chameleon I use with them?

Úll Mac

Use the one you have.

Trucker , try this dsdt .Should be able to read properly now.

This one is ok.

Úll Mac

Úll Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Test Results - On clean install of Mountain Lion 10.8.0 with ###### , chameleon v2.1 R2048 and ###### with EvOreboot ;fake smc,ps/2 keyboard,mac pro 8.1 ; voodoo hda 0.2.1
Chameleon breaks audio but not worried about that at the moment.

With 1001 kext :
( Graph.Enabler=Yes AitConfig=Eulemur ) LVDS backlight on / no image
( no boot flags ) Screen Resolution 1024x768 vram=3mb card not recognised
also tried each with display overides - results are as above

With 2001 kext :
( Graph.Enabler=Yes AitConfig=Eulemur ) LVDS backlight on / no image
( no boot flags ) Screen Resolution 1024x768 vram=3mb card not recognised
also tried each with display overides - results are as above

Previously with clean install of mountain lion 10.8.0 using ###### and chimera with graphics enabler=yes boot flag and display overide
and vga connected , lvds still not recognised but on external monitor I get card recognised as radeon 5400 series with 512mb vram and full acceleration.
With modified connectors I also got full acceleration thru hdmi on external screen
This also worked using chameleon , only difference was card was correctly shown in system profiler as radeon 5470 .

Úll Mac

• Guests

You have here in these 7 pages (not too much to read, right?) the kexts for your graphic card, search this forum or google if you don't know how to install kexts.
Edit. If you want to use it without GraphicsEnabler=Yes, attach your DSDT, VBIOS , ATI****Controller.kext from your OS X version and output from ati-personality.pl, both x86 and x64 (x86 does not apply for 10.8). I'll edit it for you, you only need to install the kext and it will work.
Edit 2. Actually, anyone asking for help, include these files in attached archive with your username.

Thanks for your answer Trucker.
My graphic card is a 6550m not a 6650m one, haven't found any kext for my card in the thread!

I've been trying to extract my vBIOS anyway, but my hp f.29 bios doesn't seem to contain any "phoenix/dell/insyde/EFI BIOS" in any of the files.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
I'm so sorry, I misread your GC model, I was thinking it's 6650M.

• Guests
No problems.
I came over here 'cause i've read that those two GC may be similar. Is there any advice you can give me to have my card supported on my hackintosh?
Thanks

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Well, in general, you need to find the senseid for your GC ports (from decoded vbios dump) , than find personality that best matches those senseid, edit it to exactly match your GC ports. If your GC's SubsystemVendorID and SubsystemID are not included in Chimera or Chameleon, you need to include those and recompile Chameleon/Chimera. And a lot of testing :-) I will post later link with very detailed step by step, I just need to find it. It's on tonymacx86 forum.

Here: http://legacy.tonyma...hp?f=15&t=43349

• Guests
Wah that is way too much for me!
thanks anyway for the link :)

Úll Mac

Úll Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Trucker,

I remade my display overide yesterday just in case i had any errors but my original one is correct.
I came across an old thread about the possibility of adding edid edits to dsdt but no one on that thread had any success with that method.
One thing I did notice when checking my display overide - the ioreg output from display overides mentions PEGP display 0 .
That probably confirms patching at PEGP in my DSDT is the way to go , particularly since you had success under PEGP.
I've been playing around with the pegp patch you used but so far no luck at my end.

On question, in dsdt lines ......buffer (0x04) should I use ( 0x02) for 512mb card ?

I'll keep at it , and if you get anywhere you can let me know.

Thanks.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
What did the job in the PEGP section was adding the "ATI, bin image" part (the VBIOS), without it, os x can't recognise my 6650M. Can't do much now, working and roaming, expensive... :-)

Wah that is way too much for me!
thanks anyway for the link :)

Haha, but feels good when you succeed :-)

Úll Mac

Úll Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

What did the job in the PEGP section was adding the "ATI, bin image" part (the VBIOS), without it, os x can't recognise my 6650M. Can't do much now, working and roaming, expensive... :-)

ok, will see how that goes, and you're right about roaming costs absolute robbery!

Úll Mac

Úll Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

ok, i've edited bux boogas pegp to suit ati 5470 512mb, and added it to my dsdt. ( in two places where pegp is mentioned in my dsdt ) and edited my ati 5000 connector

now when booting with chimera, no boot flags and no display overide - system profiler correctly shows amd hd 5470 and vram 512mb

but I only have 1024x768 resolution ,no acceleration and no options for other resolutions.

tried adding display overide but no change.

do i need to use bux boogas template at both instances of pegp in dsdt ?

any ideas on how to get acceleration?

ok, i've edited bux boogas pegp to suit ati 5470 512mb, and added it to my dsdt. ( in two places where pegp is mentioned in my dsdt ) and edited my ati 5000 connector

now when booting with chimera, no boot flags and no display overide - system profiler correctly shows amd hd 5470 and vram 512mb

but I only have 1024x768 resolution ,no acceleration and no options for other resolutions.

tried adding display overide but no change.

do i need to use bux boogas template at both instances of pegp in dsdt ?

any ideas on how to get acceleration?

to add.... ran ioreg I grep ATY and confirmed ati kexts are loading.

anyone any ideas , nearly there now.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Try adding this to the PEGP, leave the bufer emty between () and recompile your dstd. Try with and without the "dual link" patch. If your connectors info are good, you should see some result.
Attached File  ati_bin_image_5470.rar   49.06KB   22 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy