AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

ATI 6650M GraphicsEnabler ATI 6650M 10.6.8 AMD Radeon HD 6650M ATI Radeon HD 6650M mac AMD 6650M custom personality 6650M DSDT patch ATI Radeon HD 6650M DSDT ATI Radeon 6470M DSDT

• Please log in to reply
904 replies to this topic

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Really? You can just replace a panel with higher resolution than your notebook originally had? Maybe you can also replace it with matte one instead of glossy? It would be really interesting, since I would also like to increase this 1366x768 resolution..

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Really? You can just replace a panel with higher resolution than your notebook originally had? Maybe you can also replace it with matte one instead of glossy? It would be really interesting, since I would also like to increase this 1366x768 resolution..

Yes. It's really easy on some laptops. If your laptop model is made with different variants of panels, you can probably change it. Notebook review forums are a great help to check if someone has done it before on your model.

I only buy HP laptops because they have PDF documents for all models illustrating all parts and all the variants used in the same model. That service guide also illustrates all the steps needed to disassemble laptop. I've completely disassembled many HP laptops to repair or chance a part. Also I think HP laptops (at least business models) are designed for easy maintenance, for example the back cover doesn't even have screws just one latch or whatever it is called and when you open it it's clear it's designed so that the CPU for example is easy to chance.

From that service guide I for example see the part number for different panels used and part numbers for different display cables so I see if the 1600x900 and 1920x1080 models had the same cable. If so I don't have to buy a new cable also.

Also there are all the different CPU's used, In there I see that ATM maximum supported CPU I can swap is Intel Quad Core i7-3740QM.

This is HP 8570p service and maintenance guide.

http://h20628.www2.h...c03565466-1.pdf

BTW, I got that new EDID injected, gotta change the chroma still. No more gradients, thank you so much for this amazing discovery. :) I got it injected with FixEDID but would like to get rid of DisplayMergeNub.kext. Do you know any good tutorials to get started on DSDT and how to add EDID in there? Im not sure if I need to edit my virgin DSDT before I can start adding stuff in there or what.

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Great! I don't think EDID injection through DSDT will work for you. I mean it works for me, but Trucker tried the same and it didn't work. Your card is more similar to his card.

Amble

Amble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Great! I don't think EDID injection through DSDT will work for you. I mean it works for me, but Trucker tried the same and it didn't work. Your card is more similar to his card.

Ok.

What do you think rest of these are on basic params?

90 1d 10 78 02

acero

acero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

hi,

i try to enable my 6650m on my dual graphic intel and amd, use trucker video.rom ,

y can run amd card by disabling intel in dsdt {just write wrong card ID} but result is poor in gputest ,does someoene have OpenGL Extensions Viewer from apple to share,

can t download from applestore, free software....i would like to see more results.

for those with hybrid acer 7750g and like to try with Clover usb boot, use trucker dsdt  and both graphic should show up in Mavericks only, seem to be used both somehow .

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

does someoene have OpenGL Extensions Viewer from apple to share,

can t download from applestore, free software....

Attached File  OpenGL Extensions Viewer.zip   1.16MB   38 downloads

hi,

i try to enable my 6650m on my dual graphic intel and amd, use trucker video.rom

Which video.rom, can you explain this with more details?

BTW, i noticed that  when i boot in Mavericks with my DSDT (with my PEGP patch + VBIOS in it) with removed AMD6000Controller.kext from /S/L/E the 6650M got recognized with generic AMD framebuffer and i get the same benchmark results as with patched AMD6000Controller.kext. This could be temporary solution (just delete AMD6000Controller.kext from /S/L/E if you have proper DSDT patch) for those who can't patch the kext them self when updating to higher OS X (Mavericks) version.

acero

acero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

hi,trucker,

i use your rom 1002_6741.rom {vbios.rom} in clover /rom directory ,with config.plist settings  : load vbios,patch vbios

or even your dsdt , work also on mine,not in chameleon. 

if i use my rom {extracted like you did} ,ati won t load at all so i tried yours and it works but without open gl,it works as good as intel 3000 .

my motherboard is hybrid intel /amd so i don t think it will ever fully work this way, it s just spare motherboard connected to external Lcd screen,no full laptop.i was just curious to see if it will work.

the problem i cant deactivate intel completely, it s still loaded as primary display, just put device ID 68 01 in dsdt and all intel kext won t load but display is still connnected to intel.

---i will try without amdcontroller------doesnt work, i can use Ipomea or cattail framebuffer on mine with your settings.

i should flash bios with Uefi bios but its risky for me to recover if something go wrong.

thanks for open gl and for all your work on this.

screcna ti nova godina.

amd cattail,ipomea framebuffer kext

Attached Files

acero

acero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

hi, i had the same radeonframebuffer as you today followed by complete system crash on next reboot.had to delete amdcontroller and reinstall

this is new in ioreg GFX0 : ATY,Part #  string BR039370.007 ,rom number , really getting info from file?

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

hi, i had the same radeonframebuffer as you today followed by complete system crash on next reboot.had to delete amdcontroller and reinstall

this is new in ioreg GFX0 : ATY,Part #  string BR039370.007 ,rom number , really getting info from file?

Attach your own vbios and  your (my)  current VBIOS + DSDT.aml

acero

acero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

hi ,

just found out that i mistyped Ipomea in config.plist , that s the reason to get generic radeonframbuffer .{no framebuffer injected}

..back to Ipomoea but both work the same.

| |   |     +-o ATY,Ipomoea@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002a4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Ipomoea@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002a5, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Ipomoea@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002a6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>

or

| |   |     +-o ATY,Cattail@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000284, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (12 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Cattail@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000285, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Cattail@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000286, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>

mine is BR039370.006 in w7

Cattail framebufffer is nice,very fast on mine....they all work.

i don t say that this work with laptop Lcd as i don t have  internal to test.

by the way, dont mess up your system if y want to test, make a Clover usb stick. i do this ,chameleon for intel,Clover Ati.

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

My results from OpenGL Extensions Viewer

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 5.28.12 PM.png   124.45KB   10 downloads

acero

acero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

hi,

ok so its not fully enable on mine....very slow

thanks for sharing....

witch IOPFPluginTypes do you have in atiframebufferNI line?  IOAccelerator2D.plugin or x3000plugin?

i tried with stock amd6000 kext like the first time, i boot hardly everytime but system is nice , dual gpu , open gl on both,no idea how osx handle both gpu.....on one screen only.

maybe someone will have more luck on dual LCD.

Attached Files

ozzy2004

ozzy2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

hello

can you help me with my AMD radeon 6650 M on my ACER 7750G

I have upload :

my DSDT

ATI video dump (with aida64) 

my IORegistry

ATY_Init.kext

and 2 capture screen of my system information

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7fitk3

I use Mac OSX 10.9.1

many thanks for your help

if I use AMD6000Controller.kext 10.9 I have black screen , anyone can patch AMD6000Controller.kext 10.9 for AMD radeon 6650 M 1 go vram ?

edit : i have tested with the HDMI outside and a LCD TV is't full working with AMD6000Controller.kext 10.9 , but i have nothing on my LCD computer ????

http://www.hostingpi...987324video.jpg

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

You'll get your files tomorrow.

BTW, which CPU your Acer have.

Here, choose either Option 1 or Option 2 folder, don't mix the files. i have also included some kexts which i use for ethernet, usb 3.0 etc.

Attached File  ozzy2004.zip   6.73MB   14 downloads

Edit. If you choose to use the GraphicsEnabler option you need to install the Enoch Bootloader (it's included in the archive, do not update it, there are some changes above version 2286 and it's not working).

Use this VBIOS Attached File  1002_6741_050e.rom.zip   38.68KB   3 downloadsin Extra (or just rename the one in the archive),sorry for the typo, it should be  6741 not 4741

ozzy2004

ozzy2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

many thanks Trucker MK.i test your upload , and feedback :)

here IORegistry working with full acceleration in VGA/HDMI (black screen with internal LCD)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5aorlp

http://hpics.li/be600f3

thanks

kralbesiktas

kralbesiktas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, everyone. 

Acer Aspire 7750G (1 GB vga ati radeon 6650) according to the mac osx 10.9.2 patched amd6000controler.kext to need. 

Amd6000controler.kext in the hands of someone who works for mac osx 10.9.2 and next osx (10.9.3) kext file that you can share with me? 

Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

Sorry for my bad english.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
You need patched 10.9.2/10.9.3 AMD6000Controller.kext?

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

many thanks Trucker MK.i test your upload , and feedback :)

here IORegistry working with full acceleration in VGA/HDMI (black screen with internal LCD)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5aorlp

http://hpics.li/be600f3

.chameleon

thanks

And you got this by using what? DSDT+Patched kext or GraphicsEnabler=Yes + Patched kext (+ the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the test archive). I already wrote, use Enoch/Chameleon bootloader 2286, with newer versions i also get black screen on LVDS. I am still on 10.9

ozzy2004

ozzy2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

no at this time i don't use patched kext , only ATY_Init.kext , if i remove this kext , i don't have video acceleration (VGA/HDMI) , but internal LCD is working (without acceleration)

thanks

kralbesiktas

kralbesiktas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

You need patched 10.9.2/10.9.3 AMD6000Controller.kext?

Yes. Amd6000controller.kext need to 10.9.2/10.9.3 patched.

In your first post you share for mac osx 10.9.1 I was using atı6000controller_10.9_dp1.zip file. I'm using the bootloader Chamaleon.

Mac OSX 10.9.2 from 10.9.1 update a study by the graphics card began.

If you can help, thank you very much.

Sorry for my bad english.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy